Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

.NET Professional Development Training Courses

Options
  • 02-12-2015 3:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭

I have been working as a s/w developer for the last 5 months, and I love it.

I am working on a Webforms ERP, and rebuilding an old code ERP into WPF, as well as doing some development and bug fixing in the old code , so my duties are varied, and my skill level would be "yellow belt".

I had my review last week and the boss warned me not to get left behind (others started a year before me, had previous dev experience, are working on another site with access to the "black belt" devs and have more focussed responsibilities)

He also mentioned that training is an option, and I'm meeting again next week on this.

Has anyone done any online/ instructor led courses that they found useful in boosting their capacity as a developer?

Would it be worth focussing on a particular product such as RedGate/DevExpress ... ?

Any info much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Talisman

A Pluralsight subscription could be a good investment for you and work might actually pay for it if they have a training budget.

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Esho

Thanks Talisman. Great pointer, thanks - there is a real wealth of learning there.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Talisman wrote:
    subscription could be a good investment for you and work might actually pay for it if they have a training budget.

+1 for pluralsight

Advertisement