Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Comanche 4 type sim

Options
  • 02-12-2015 1:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37,297 ✭✭✭✭

Hey all,

Anyone have any single player helicopter recommendations that I could play on a PC that would be like Comanche 4? Would prefer to play it with a joystick (Saitek X52) as opposed to kb&mouse, or a joypad.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,152 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

DCS Black Shark perhaps? I can't recall anything else recent.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Black Shark is probably far to much of a beast for someone coming from Comanche 4.

Apache v Havoc and Comanche v Hokum are still decent today with the mods released over the years and would be closer to Comanche 4 in terms of gameplay. I used to play them loads years ago, they link up together as one bigger game.

You could spend a week just learning how to fly properly in Black Shark before you even consider trying to use the weapons systems effectively. Great sim though and the best chopper one around by far.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Super Huey on the C64.

Super_Huey.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 12,353 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

this was my jam back in the day

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Does Apache: Air Assault support HOTAS?

• Advertisement
Advertisement