Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how much for architect?

Options
  • 02-12-2015 12:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,452 ✭✭✭

Hi, I hope this is in the right place if not mods please relocate. My husband and I are considering building an extension on to our house but it has an unusual layout so we don't want to make the layout even more awkward, although we do need the extra room. Therefore we've decided to get some advice from the experts.

How much should we expect to spend to have an architect come look at the house and give us some ideas ( we are hoping to go to a couple of architects for different ideas)? I'm not expecting full plans from anyone until we decide who we go with, just a rough plan/outline idea of what walls could be built/knocked and what the layout would look like. Do architects do that sort of thing for small projects like ours and if so has anyone a ballpark idea of what this service might cost?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

Get recommendations or use google and ring a few architects
    Hi, I hope this is in the right place if not mods please relocate. My husband and I are considering building an extension on to our house but it has an unusual layout so we don't want to make the layout even more awkward, although we do need the extra room. Therefore we've decided to get some advice from the experts.

How much should we expect to spend to have an architect come look at the house and give us some ideas ( we are hoping to go to a couple of architects for different ideas)? I'm not expecting full plans from anyone until we decide who we go with, just a rough plan/outline idea of what walls could be built/knocked and what the layout would look like. Do architects do that sort of thing for small projects like ours and if so has anyone a ballpark idea of what this service might cost?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭CaraMay

Hi did you get any prices op?

Advertisement