Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland to UK

Options
  • 01-12-2015 5:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi everyone,
    Any good and reliable way of shipping 2 surfboards to Sth West UK.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭rodento

• Registered Users Posts: 22 cc1085

Thanks very much for quick reply. I'll try that company.

I got quotes from several firms for shipping two surfboards from Ireland to UK ranging in cost from £260 to €561 so not really worth the bother. For €561 I could hire a van, pay for the ferry and deliver in person.

What size are the boards --- most I ever paid was € 80

rodento wrote: »
    What size are the boards --- most I ever paid was € 80
    One is 2.83 mtrs long. and the other is 2.0 mtrs. Let me know if you have any suggestions for transit.
    Thanks for reply
    Thom

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stevire

paisleyfreight - very cheap, only used it from UK to Eire but I assume they'll do the other way too

Heard Paisley freight no longer take boards

I'd try longboard Ireland & magic-seaweed and try posting a good will board carrying request

Also find the cost of posting the boards from say Dublin and not from the arse end of nowhere maybe way cheaper

Ok I'll try your suggestions. Thanks again for replies, much appreciated for taking your time to help. If I find a solution I'll let you know.
    Thanks
    Thom.

Advertisement