Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leap Castle Picture

Options
  • 01-12-2015 1:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭

12187791_1036154526415881_6516524648564892020_n.jpg

This picture was taken during an investigation at Leap Castle on 31 October 2015 on a mobile phone camera. It was taken in pitch darkness and one of our team rattled off five pictures into the dark… the first four showed blackness as you would expect and the fifth one showed this. I thought I would share …

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭IamtooGoode

Before you ask.. I not sure what is .. we are trying to work out what caused this anomaly …

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

Before you ask.. I not sure what is .. we are trying to work out what caused this anomaly …
    Can you post all 5 pictures please?

I'll try, I haven't seen the other four yet, I'll try and get them ( I hope he had the cop not to delete them because they appeared dark etc,) Cheers, I

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Where in the castle was that taken?

I'll have to get back to you on that, I didnt go with the team that night and have only come back after a three month break, just catching up on recent investigations now... But thought it would be a good start to post picture.. Just got message back from guy who took them and he thankfully kept the four photos before the posted one.. Will try uploading from my mobile... I may have to wait till I get back to pm in office tomorrow. I'll give it a lash now...

• Advertisement

I'll post them tomorrow, no joy here on the mobile

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

I'll post them tomorrow, no joy here on the mobile

You have to attach them. Rather than embed.

• Advertisement

That's the four, you might be able to get properties of each photo Re camera used, confirmation that flash was off, time, date etc albeit the time will show 6am instead of 5 am

• Closed Accounts Posts: 577 ✭✭✭simdan

Where is the first picture you embedded? They are all in a different format compared with your original post. Please can you attach that too?

Thanks

Also, why are the file names so different from the original post? Smells dodge to me

This is why investigation groups don't bother sharing here...

simdan wrote: »
    Where is the first picture you embedded? They are all in a different format compared with your original post. Please can you attach that too?

Thanks

Sorry, I seriously don't know what embedded is, I thought that they were all in jpg

simdan wrote: »
    Also, why are the file names so different from the original post? Smells dodge to me

I'll humour you :-) first post uploaded on a mac and the last four uploaded from a mobile, I am not techie but some of you out there are, would that cause a different file name format,? I don't know... The last four pictures in jpg are just black but I'll be looking at them on my mac in the office, the properties of the five are sequential as far as I can see from the jpg files texted to me tonight, I just posted the four because a trusted poster in the paranormal section asked me to....

Leap 31Oct15 Enhanced.jpg

I have edited the attached in this post photo to get a better look (the original one at the start of the thread is unedited by anyone as far as I am aware) .

I have asked the guy who took the photo to try and recreate it by photographing a person (2 or 3 feet away) in total darkness using the same phone with no flash to see if the image is similar. I want to rule out that the other person there was not in front of the camera accidently when in the room in total darkness. Of course, the test subject wont be wearing the same coat/jumper but if there is any likeness we have to accept that there is a possibility that it is just a person …..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Hey guys, I can confirm that this image was taken on an investigation.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

I would be more than happy to have a look if you send me on the original files from the camera.

• Advertisement

Riamfada wrote: »
    I would be more than happy to have a look if you send me on the original files from the camera.

Hi Riamfada, Thanks, I'll forward these on to you. I2G

I'll humour you :-) first post uploaded on a mac and the last four uploaded from a mobile, I am not techie but some of you out there are, would that cause a different file name format,? I don't know... The last four pictures in jpg are just black but I'll be looking at them on my mac in the office, the properties of the five are sequential as far as I can see from the jpg files texted to me tonight, I just posted the four because a trusted poster in the paranormal section asked me to....

Ok, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭maccored

if you look at them on a screen with a high brightness setting (my mac at home is set like that due to a dark screen) you can actually see an outline in the third pic. IM goign to see if I can screen shot what I mean later. It looks like there something there that the camera just doesnt pic up until the last one.

Thanks Maccored, I was toying around with filters etc and didnt pick that up in any of the first four snaps, I will check it again later to see what you are seeing, …. I am still waiting to hear back about the re-run with the original camera to see if the same result can be reproduced ie is the red figure what the camera sees if a person is photographed in the dark with no flash …

Thanks Maccored, I was toying around with filters etc and didnt pick that up in any of the first four snaps, I will check it again later to see what you are seeing, …. I am still waiting to hear back about the re-run with the original camera to see if the same result can be reproduced ie is the red figure what the camera sees if a person is photographed in the dark with no flash …

This is one of them (PART_1449008969746_FOT42C8.jpg) brightened and then inverted.

i think there was def someone there or some object that the camera couldnt pick up in the dark. Ask if he was moving forward or stationary between taking the images.

Thanks Maccored, I will ask him, I await the mockup duplicated photo with the same camera in the dark with a person in front of the camera etc as this will debunk it if anything similar is captured, thanks everyone for their comments and time .. I will get back here once the re-run photos are sent to me…

Just got news about the test... Our photographer confirmed tha he was stationary for all five snaps at Leap, I am waiting for the test photos but I understand that nothing came out with: person close in front of camera, then one step back, then two steps back and then with nobody, I'll wait until I see the rest of the shots...

I'll try and post the 'Test' photos shortly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭SlowBlowin

Hi

Did the person who took the photos "See" anything with the unaided eye ?

If I go to playback on anyone of my CCTV cameras at night I can get similar images now and again. Don't forget when the image is really dark the AGC in the camera will try and adjust the gain to get a better image, so if you point a camera into total darkness you will get frames with contrasting pixels, often making out blobs/shapes. This is very much enchanted when i bit of dust/particle is right in front of the lens.

I am not a professional sceptic, but I am a professional in image analysis.

SB

Advertisement