Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where will you be watching UFC194 in Dublin?

Options
  • 01-12-2015 1:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hey guys,
    First post. I'm writing an article on UFC194, which we're obviously all very excited about especially now that it's so soon. Where will you be watching it, where do you think are the best venues to see it in Dublin or elsewhere in Ireland, or will you stay home?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Bar going to watch it in Vegas (or at a bar in Vegas) I think the best place is at home with a few mates

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

I'll be watching it at home alone in HD with some junk food on hand while enjoying them match ups in peace and quiet,cant enjoy a fight while out on the drink with morons shouting ''knock em out''.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Same here, plus i wanta see the whole main card where my friends wont turn it on till near the main event

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Going to watch this in Murrays, atmosphere was great in the living room for the Siver fight so hopefully it's the same again. No alcohol this time around though will me a less morons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

In the house with a couple of pals with a few beers like i did for the mendes fight.

Wouldnt be arsed watching it in a busy pub. I reckon it could get very messy and the drunken morons would annoy me. Although i reckon security does be strict at these late night events

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

If anyone hears of anywhere showing it for certain, please throw it up here. Really want to watch it in a pub or something so I'd really appreciate it.

D.Q wrote: »
    If anyone hears of anywhere showing it for certain, please throw it up here. Really want to watch it in a pub or something so I'd really appreciate it.

Murrays are showing it, bar from 12-2.30. Then no alcohol after that until close. 20e cover charge limited tickets on sale tomorrrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭VisibleGorilla

Live at home all alone.

Perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

What time is mc Gregor fight starting at roughly?

zweton wrote: »

Tune in from5

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

Past cards have the main event on about 5:30am our time, iirc?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

The entire card is stacked! You're absolutely mad to only tune in for Conor.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭VisibleGorilla

Wake up at 3am and watch the entire main card, all of the fights should be good.

Aldo/McGregor around 5am.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

What about the prelims? Start watching at 23:30 and enjoy 5 odd hours of UFC

MagicIRL wrote: »
    The entire card is stacked! You're absolutely mad to only tune in for Conor.

Fans of the man vs fans of the sport we are dealing with here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

What about the prelims? Start watching at 23:30 and enjoy 5 odd hours of UFC

I watch every minute of the regular cards, not gonna miss a second of this one!!

Can't believe it's so close now ****prayers to the preventing-injury gods****

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭peejay1986

ASOT wrote: »
    Going to watch this in Murrays, atmosphere was great in the living room for the Siver fight so hopefully it's the same again. No alcohol this time around though will me a less morons.

What was the crowd like last time? Debating whether or not to head here next week.

Capitol showed it last time, but only on screens in the smoking area. Not really a great way to watch it, for a number of reasons. No sound either apparently, until the McGregor fight.

I watched the last Superbowl in Dtwo and thought it was a great set up. Screens everywhere, inside and out in the beer garden. There was a giant screen too. Would be ideal if they were showing it. Will give them a buzz.

11225297_10153356473632880_3098034219726412214_n.jpg?oh=42a5dd8cb818320119c401218bbc0564&oe=56ED720D

peejay1986 wrote: »
    What was the crowd like last time? Debating whether or not to head here next week.

Capitol showed it last time, but only on screens in the smoking area. Not really a great way to watch it, for a number of reasons. No sound either apparently, until the McGregor fight.

I watched the last Superbowl in Dtwo and thought it was a great set up. Screens everywhere, inside and out in the beer garden. There was a giant screen too. Would be ideal if they were showing it. Will give them a buzz.

11225297_10153356473632880_3098034219726412214_n.jpg?oh=42a5dd8cb818320119c401218bbc0564&oe=56ED720D

It was great, it's going to be shown in the living room and upstairs in Murrays, tickets were 20e I got 8. It's an official UFC event by the looks of the tickets and like last time I will assume they will have have live cameras in Murrays to stream to the ufc the atmosphere in Conors home town.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Paying €20 to watch in a pub with no booze at stupid o'clock in the morning, madness.

I'll be on my couch after a power snooze with a few bottles of beer, some munchies and a few mates watching it in HD thanks to my €12.99 per month Setanta subscription. This will be the plan from Thursday through Saturday night and I've Friday booked off so I can become a full blown couch monster to enjoy fight week.

God bless whatever poor bastard ends up rolling with me next Saturday morning because I'll probably still smell of booze and pizza after watching the Mendes Edgar fight.

Paying €20 to watch in a pub with no booze at stupid o'clock in the morning, madness.

I'll be on my couch after a power snooze with a few bottles of beer, some munchies and a few mates watching it in HD thanks to my €12.99 per month Setanta subscription. This will be the plan from Thursday through Saturday night and I've Friday booked off so I can become a full blown couch monster to enjoy fight week.

God bless whatever poor bastard ends up rolling with me next Saturday morning because I'll probably still smell of booze and pizza after watching the Mendes Edgar fight.

Atmosphere will be worth it like the last time, order In a couple of rounds at three o clock when there finished serving & the fact that there's a group of 8 means it's going to be very enjoyable.

• Advertisement

Atmosphere will be worth it like the last time, order In a couple of rounds at three o clock when there finished serving & the fact that there's a group of 8 means it's going to be very enjoyable.

Meh to each their own and all that, I'd rather be on my couch with a few mates around and a few bottles of something nice and some decent food and then crawl into my bed :D

Meh to each their own and all that, I'd rather be on my couch with a few mates around and a few bottles of something nice and some decent food and then crawl into my bed :D

That would usually be me but we were going out anyway, and I didn't want to miss any of the fights so this was a compromise haha

That would usually be me but we were going out anyway, and I didn't want to miss any of the fights so this was a compromise haha

Ah, if you're in town anyway and you get to see prelims and the lot sure it's worth the compromise!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

As a fight geek and someone who trains martial arts im very selfish when it comes to watching fights,its kind of the one thing I enjoy doing alone,at most I'd watch them with one friend whose another combat fanatic,my regular friends dont appreciate the skill or technique and just view it as a scrap once its over its forgotten about for them,Ill soak up every fight next week on the 3 cards in glorious HD because it'll be a long time before a better week comes around in mma.

Gamebred wrote: »
    As a fight geek and someone who trains martial arts im very selfish when it comes to watching fights,its kind of the one thing I enjoy doing alone,at most I'd watch them with one friend whose another combat fanatic,my regular friends dont appreciate the skill or technique and just view it as a scrap once its over its forgotten about for them,Ill soak up every fight next week on the 3 cards in glorious HD because it'll be a long time before a better week comes around in mma.

I'm going to be watching with my striking coach, my jiu-jitsu coach, my regular training partners for both and one or two other lads who train with us, we all train together and are get on really well so it makes sense.
    One of the lads is a chef so he'll bring something he'll cook for us all, another lad makes really good home brew so he'll bring over a small keg or two of beer, I have a big flat all to myself with plenty of seating in the living room and the other lads will bring over the chips, dips and random extras and one of them doesn't drink so he's the designated taxi for most of them.
    They'll get here around 12 I'd say so I've time for a nap before they arrive to recover from the late one the night before.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

heading to see jimmy carr in olympia ( 10.15 show ) over say 12 ish , head somewhere for a few scoops then home to watch main card with a mate , beer , domino's

btw is the tuf22 finally with edgar/mendes on bt sports ? didn't see it when i searched for it

be nice to watch a fightcard on fri and sat

BT Sports 2HD at 1am Saturday morning according to the Setanta website.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

BT Sports 2HD at 1am Saturday morning according to the Setanta website.

cheers dude ;)

great weekend ahead ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Hey guys,
    First post. I'm writing an article on UFC194, which we're obviously all very excited about especially now that it's so soon. Where will you be watching it, where do you think are the best venues to see it in Dublin or elsewhere in Ireland, or will you stay home?

If you're writing an article you should stay at home. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

I'll be at home watching it alone, few cans, some munchies, a couple of bets on the fights, and peace and quiet. Also nice to chat on here too, Really looking forward to it all kicking off on Thursday, I'll be watching the 3 nights back to back. It's one hell of a fight week and one to really look forward too. Can't wait.

Advertisement