Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which haircut is this help ?

Options
  • 01-12-2015 3:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭

Just wondering how would you describe these haircuts to the barbers ? Has anyone any info on what they are called ?

Men-Shaved-Dark-Hair.jpg

A-photograph-of-a-hipster-male-wearing-a-slicked-back-undershave-hairstyle-with-a-full-thick-beard.jpg

Conor mcgregor also has this style what ever it is ?

1415929768588.jpg

c6083a3fa10c386dcaf108e2d187cb16.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,777 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

I think technically that's a disconnected slicked back undercut.

To be honest though, you're better off storing a few of those pics in your phone and showing the barber there and then.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

I think technically that's a disconnected slicked back undercut.

To be honest though, you're better off storing a few of those pics in your phone and showing the barber there and then.

thanks a million speedboatchase :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

OT but am I alone in thinking this is hideous? Sorry OP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Top one is the only half decent one, but with the shaved sides, it looks a bit knackery.

The others are just ugly and you dont want to be another Conor mcgregor lookalike.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,103 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

It's known in the trade, awkwardly, as the SS haircut or Nazi haircut. It was much in favour in Germany in the 1930s. Tt was considered to display the temples to good advantage and, for some reason, good temples were considered a mark of pure Aryan heritage.

Also , it was a military haircut, chosen by the army authorities because it could be given very quickly by someone with minimal skill (like an army barber).* And the military look was considered a suitable one for the sterling Aryan youth of the fatherland.

If you tell the barber you want an SS haircut, he'll know what you mean. And, after you've had it, expect a certain amount of banter about it.

* [Which means, of course, that you should not expect to pay too much to get it, or you're being ripped off.]

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

I'd describe it as fcukin awful but then again I'm not a 22 year old hipster wannabe.

/drinks complan

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,088 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

It looks like a more severe cut than the "Hitler youth" one. Those online eejits worried about any fascist connection need to get out more. :) I'd call it the negative bald myself. It leaves hair where they can't grow it and shaves where they can. The reverse monk might work too. :D

Speedboat's advice is the best bet I reckon, just bring a pic on your phone. Most of all if you like it go for it, you're only young once.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Alternatively, you can go in and ask then to give you a haircut so you can be easily identified as an eejit.

It's not a cool haircut. Get the first one if any and don't shave the sides.
    You will get a lot more respect off people.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭El Tarangu

OP, don't mind the haters.

I used to have one quite similar to the first one. I would recommend not shaving the sides completely; it looks a little bit more respectable, and having it super-short at the sides means that you need to go the barbers every 7-10 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

I thought it was called an Iced-Gem cut?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭mattP

OT but am I alone in thinking this is hideous? Sorry OP

I think its hot as **** as long as you have the swag to pull it off :o

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Is it not called The Wanker?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭me_irl

mattP wrote: »
    I think its hot as **** as long as you have the swag to pull it off :o

F*ck my days!

Could it also be referred to as the Roger Klotz?

tumblr_mx7rc4MfYg1skvyxuo1_500.png

• Registered Users Posts: 9,500 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

beard-lumbersexual-someday-soon-will-be-remembered-like-this.jpg

• Administrators Posts: 53,415 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Gaygooner

If you're not Ian Madigan don't

• Registered Users Posts: 51,569 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

It's like a haircut given by a blind barber to a blind man.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭aaakev

Mine would be similar to the second one, i get the sides cut with a no1 blade too. I had a shaved head since i was 13, i used a 0 blade every friday at home and cut it myself but last year we were planning our wedding and i was asked by the future Mrs kev to grow my hair for the wedding so i obliged. I tried a few different styles but settled on this and i love it, goes well with a suit too imo

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,303 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Ah it would look fine on some people. Additionally everyone should have a really embarrassing haircut at some point in their lives that can be ridiculed by their children in the future.
    I remember my hair being long enough to touch my bum at on stage. I wasn't one of those people who long hair looks good on but at the time I was sure I was the spitting image of Axl Rose.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

Gaygooner wrote: »
    If you're not Ian Madigan don't

I miss Maddog's mop. When I saw him at the Argentina match, it was like Samson had lost his power.

• Advertisement
Advertisement