Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guitar Pedals/Effects

Options
  • 30-11-2015 6:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi,

I am a solo-singer/guitarist.
    I'm using a more electric guitar sound lately and want to find out about reasonably priced guitar pedals. I have an overdrive one already but would appreciate any advice on other ones perhaps distortion/loop pedals. Ive had a look on Thomann but its pretty overwhelming selection.

price range up to 100euro max

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭KeithTS

Very much depends what sound you want?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 aoifecorky

Thanks for your reply. Id be interested in getting a good loop pedal ,and distortion effects, possibly wah and fuzz effects. Not sure if digital or analog is better for these!

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

You won't get a good loop pedal for near €100.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

You won't get a good loop pedal for near €100.

TC Electronics Ditto for about the €99 mark is decent enough.

Ok. So to rephrase my question.. what should I expect to pay for a decent loop pedal or decent wah or fuzz effect peda?l I dont need top of the range standard.

• Advertisement

Cool_CM wrote: »
    TC Electronics Ditto for about the €99 mark is decent enough.

Thanks for that!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

aoifecorky wrote: »
    Thanks for that!

No worries, I wouldn't take it as gospel though, there are a lot of different loop stations out there. The disadvantages of the Ditto are that it only has memory for 5 mins of looping and needs a power supply as there is no space for a battery. Maybe have a look here: http://www.tcelectronic.com/ditto-looper/

Another option is the Boss RC-3. It's a bit more expensive (around €180-200 depending on where you get it) but gives you 3 hours of storage, memory slots for different loops and can run on battery (though it is probably best to get a power supply). It also has inbuilt drum beats and a tap tempo if you need it. You can see the info here:

http://www.bossus.com/products/rc-3/

As for the wah pedal, look no further than the Dunlop Cry Baby GCB95. You should be able to pick it up for around the €90-100 mark. There are others with a bit more options to mess around with the wah and signature models, but the GCB95 is more or less standard.

Again, all of this is just my opinion, a setup is quite personal so it might be for the best popping into a shop and trying them out and viewing any other options that may be available, especially with regards to the fuzz pedal.

Thanks for all your info. I appreciate it!

Aoife

• Registered Users Posts: 19 jabrantl

A Ditto and a Crybaby are likely your best bet for a looper and wah. Overdrive pedals are hugely subjective though, and will vary in sound depending on the amp you're playing them through. I'd advise hitting your local guitar shop, playing everything till you find something you like, then hitting EBay or Thomann if they won't price match :)

What's the rest of your set-up (guitar, amp, etc.)?

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭cork guitar player

Dont worry about the brand and labels on your gear.

Get your sound right first and then add all the crap you want when you have it down with just you and an instrument,

The amount of crap people talk about gear is amazing.

A good musician can make any kind of set up sound great.

God Speed and experiment ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭cork guitar player

double post

Advertisement