Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unlocking mobile from USA

Options
  • 30-11-2015 10:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 33

I received a gift from a friend in the USA of a LG android mobile. Problem is its network locked to AT+T. Is there someway the phone could be unlocked to work over here say with Vodafone? Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭5star02707

ebay is your best bet try buying an unlock code there.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭kelledy

This happened to me before and I brought it too a couple of shops . Long story short , it can't be done as USA use a different frequency to ours in Europe .
    So even if it is unlocked our sims won't work

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

The phone has a sim slot yeah?

Get in touch with AT&T for advice https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/
    Once unlocked by them it should work with any network anywhere, modern phones work with US and EU networks. This as they can use more than one GSM band.

A lot of American moblies don't use GSM frequencys . I had this exact issue last year , ended up returning the phone as it was useless in Europe

Now that i think , mine was an LG phone aswell

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

ATT use GSM 1900 MHz and 850 MHz so it should be good.
    A mail to their support with imei number should clear things up.

Advertisement