Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free website build and host

Options
  • 29-11-2015 11:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

hi,

i am a linux system administrator looking to move into programming, have been using python django for a few months now and would like to build a few websites to further my experience.

just looking to see if there are any voluntary groups or basicly anybody i could build such for. i can host the website for free and sort necessary dns.

get in touch please if any ideas

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

There are companies out there that offer free hosting, though I've no idea what kind of options are available

You might be better off setting up your own development server - either virtual or physical - to play around with

In any case a hosting account these days is going to cost you less than €5 / month for a basic one ..

• Registered Users Posts: 6 kildarejoe1

Thanks - but I have built an openstack environment here at work - so I have plenty of free Vm's and the free hosting on other platforms is very limited - maybe one small Vm that you could get on aws before incurring costs - rackspace dont offer anything and not sure about azure, google compute etc..

But I just want the experience of developing websites in python/django - the hosting was just an carrot to provide an full solution to an charity organisation, voluntary groups looking for a web presence!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

Thanks - but I have built an openstack environment here at work - so I have plenty of free Vm's and the free hosting on other platforms is very limited - maybe one small Vm that you could get on aws before incurring costs - rackspace dont offer anything and not sure about azure, google compute etc..

But I just want the experience of developing websites in python/django - the hosting was just an carrot to provide an full solution to an charity organisation, voluntary groups looking for a web presence!!

Have you it in writing etc that they are ok with you hosting websites for others ( even if it is for charities ) ?

( just in case anyone reads the thread in future )

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Ok.

So essentially you would like to offer your services to charities etc., to build their websites?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭kyote00

heroku is mostly free if you steer clear of the paid addons ....

• Advertisement
Advertisement