Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Possible to prepay P&D in Sandyford Ind Est?

Options
  • 29-11-2015 8:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭

As a once off, I've parked my car in Sandyford Industrial Estate today - the meter said 8am-7pm Mon-Sat, so free on Sunday.

Now I've realised that I'd like to leave the car there overnight and for tomorrow day.

Does anyone know if I can run down and prepay the meter now, or do I have to wait until 8am tomorrow?

I really am a culchie driver... thanks!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

niamhzie wrote: »
    As a once off, I've parked my car in Sandyford Industrial Estate today - the meter said 8am-7pm Mon-Sat, so free on Sunday.

Now I've realised that I'd like to leave the car there overnight and for tomorrow day.

Does anyone know if I can run down and prepay the meter now, or do I have to wait until 8am tomorrow?

I really am a culchie driver... thanks!

You could park underneath Beacon South Quarter?

It's a ticket system so you pay when you leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭niamhzie

You could park underneath Beacon South Quarter?

It's a ticket system so you pay when you leave.

I might use that next time I visit... But for this stay, it's a lot cheaper to go pay and display, thanks though :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

why not use the dublin council parking app. you can register your reg/phone & credit card and pay over your phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭niamhzie

why not use the dublin council parking app. you can register your reg/phone & credit card and pay over your phone.

Hi Tatranska, that's what I had planned to do, but from my understanding of the registration process your account will be automatically topped up by €20 when your balance dips below €10?
    I'm not from the area, fairly infrequent visitor so I just wanted to do a once off transaction but I don't think it will let me. Will have to get up early to beat the clamper! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,387 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

niamhzie wrote: »
    Will have to get up early to beat the clamper! :pac:

Dun Laoghaire-Rathdown county council does not clamp cars that overstay in P&D areas or which are parked illegally, the worst that can happen is that you will get a ticket. The roads in Sandyford Ind Estate are public roads because the ticket machines were installed by the county council.

I just checked the pakingtag.ie website and you are correct, the lowest topup amount is €20.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,435 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Parking tag is used by several councils, so you are not restricted to DLR, in my opinion it's the best option

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭100gSoma

coylemj wrote: »
    I just checked the pakingtag.ie website and you are correct, the lowest topup amount is €20.

I detest that automatic 20euro top up system, so I buy a throwaway €20 VISA number using the 3v.ie system. you can buy this prepaid voucher in most Texaco garages etc.
    That way I get €20 euro of parking credit and the card number fails when they try to do an auto topup.

Advertisement