Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Differences btw '15 SVE and '16 SV

Options
  • 29-11-2015 6:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭

Can some one tell me the differences?

Have found comparison between models EX/SV/SVE on Nissan webiste but don't know if it refers to 2015 or 2016 models..

Am looking at ex demo 15 SVE, but just wondering if the new 2016 version of the SV is nearly the same as it? not that interested in the bigger battery available with the newer models.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭mr.dunkey

other than the bigger battery, the newer LEAF might have the new carwings communication unit, im 100% not sure of this.
    The SVE has heated seats/steering wheel, leather, 4 camera, bose system and the sv 2015/2016 will not have this as standard

You'd be far better off with the SVE than a 16 reg SV with upgraded head unit, though carwings isn't 100% reliable it's been pretty ok for me using the leaf manager app on Android and changing it to use the Japanese servers.

SVE also has much nicer 17" wheels but does add to the bumpy ride, it's not uncomfortable but on Irish roads I prefer the 16" ride quality but prefer the look of the 17" . Silver alloys look tacky and very dated these days imo.

SVE also adds LEd headlights and they look really cool and they are good. You also get a decent tint in the rear windows.

The heated seats (front and rear) are really nice to have and the heated steering and when you get into the car if you got them set to on they will be warm when you get in on a cold morning after pre heating.

I don't find the Bose impressive, it's decent but only just and while I don't expect HiFi quality in any car I have heard a lot better systems. It lacks Baas despite the sub in the Boot but the Sub causes a kind of a boom and it's really only audible for a very low range of frequencies but it's nowhere near what I call Baas. Having said that, it's probably far better than the standard leaf Audio system.

By the way, the 30 kwh is optional on the 2016 model, the 24 kwh is standard.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭jprboy

It lacks Baas

Well, my Leaf didn't come supplied with a woolly friend either

:D:D

jprboy wrote: »
    Well, my Leaf didn't come supplied with a woolly friend either

:D:D

I hate to think what the standard stereo sounds like !

It's easy to upgrade the speakers anyway but it's not so easy to add a decently powered sub because the Sub in the Bose is passively powered.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭cros13

As an existing 141 SVE owner moving to a 161 SV I disagree.

Even without the 30kWh battery (although it's only €2k until the end of the month) it may be worth going for the newer SV.

The main difference is the navigation and telematics system which is far far superior to the 141.

• Advertisement

I suppose it's a personal choice, I haven't had all the issues with carwings some people seem to have, I have had issues but in the majority of cases it works fine, usually takes up to 5 mins for the command to reach the car but it usually works.

The nav unit isn't good but since I can now send a location from Google maps on the laptop it's far more usable. Mostly I use the LG Urbane if I need to navigate and it directs me on the watch.

If ordering a new 16 then you can add the heated seats and steering as an option.

One thing that puzzles me is why you need to order the cold pack to have heated mirrors ? that's just mad and I hate not having heated mirrors !

• Registered Users Posts: 13,702 ✭✭✭✭BoatMad

in my view 16MY SV with cold pack is a better deal then 15MY SVE, personally Id be loathe to buy a second hand BEV with the current state of market knowledge on residual values , you could end up paying way over the top. ( with less warranty to boot)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭Firblog

Well have bitten the bullet and gone for the ex demo SVE.. transporter from Cork to Donegal next week... :)

Firblog wrote: »
    Well have bitten the bullet and gone for the ex demo SVE.. transporter from Cork to Donegal next week... :)

Excellent, you'll love it and you'll also find yourself driving it a lot more than you think !

Advertisement