Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tuesday 1/12 ferry?

Options
  • 29-11-2015 2:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 891 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,
    I'm booked on a ferry at 9am Tuesday, out of Rosslare. Today's ferry was cancelled due to weather. Any chance of better weather for Tuesday morning.

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

Today's cancellation was as much to do with the very late arrival due to weather overnight, (due 0645 arrived 0930) the Rosslare Pembroke route doesn't have much slack in timings, and if they are delayed, it can take several days to recover, or they cancel a crossing to get back on time.

The Sunday day sailings carry the least freight compared to other times, so they'd have been keen to get back on time again, and given that, I suspect that all the passengers from the cancelled sailing were accommodated on the similar time route with Stena, but I can't be sure of that, as I'm not able to check that at the moment.

It would be rare for that route to be out for more than the occasional crossing, the ships on it are a good size and well stabilised. That said, you will have to check with the ferry operator, from what I can see of the forecast here, Tuesday AM is not looking too bad, but there are some indications of some doubtful weather over the next few days.

We're booked Holyhead Dublin Monday Night/Tuesday Morning, so I too am watching the forecasts closely, though the ship we're booked on will be the last to be cancelled on that route, so hopefully, we're going to be OK.

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

Advertisement