Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why is everything at the store CEX scratched?

Options
  • 29-11-2015 10:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Do they scratch the discs themselves?

They refused to let me trade in a game because it had a fingerprint on it.

If they don't accept games with a fingerprint on it then how are the games they sell scratched?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

AlexOC97 wrote: »

If they don't accept games with a fingerprint on it then how are the games they sell scratched?

Well basically what they used to do was take €1 off the trade in price for the cost of dial repair if they were scratched and still take them in, so alot of the stock would still be from when they done that. But mostly it'd be down to them taking in the scratched stock anywya it depends on the person you get behind the till if they'd take it or not, some don't care some take it to serious.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Well its not 'all scratched' it might just be you have bad luck. Most of the stuff I buy is in decent condition.

I mean at the end of the day it is all pre owned, so a bit of it, specially the older stuff and DVD's will be scratched.

I've never bought anything that was scratched.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

The previous owner prolly put up a struggle.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Anytime I've bought a disc off them, I check it in front of them. I expect it to be a bit scratched (especially PS1 & PS2 games), but if it's too scratched I ask if they have any other copies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Gehad_JoyRider

Theres a kit you can get for scratched disks that works really well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

Disc cleaner in all stores. They can't buy in discs with surface scratches (picture side) or scratches beyond a certain depth.
    They are checked on buy in and should be checked on sale out but can be forgotten if busy.

If your in store when buying just give it a look, they will run it through or find another copy :)

Online orders are checked on the way out so should always arrive in good nick.

AlexOC97 wrote: »

Serious question. Would you not simply open the case if it's second hand and check the disc yourself before purchasing it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Andy Magic

CEX is a great store. From my own personal experience I have noticed it depends on the shop you go to on how much you get and whether they take it in as a trade in.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Serious question. Would you not simply open the case if it's second hand and check the disc yourself before purchasing it?

Must be easier to b***h and moan online instead of saying something at the time of purchase or using some common sense it seems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,734 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

was the fingerprint in fingerpaint or nail varnish or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,459 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I have never gotten anything from CEX that was scratched TBH and Ive bought a lot from them.

Advertisement