Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

changing from formula at 1 year

Options
  • 28-11-2015 11:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭

hi

our daughter is nearly one now (where did that year go!?) and we've had her on cow and gate comfort as she had colic. the phn said just to stay on it even though after a few months the colic went. so on the formula box it says its till one year so we;re wondering if we now change to cows milk or do you go on with one of those follow on formulas?? and if its a change to cows milk do you introduce it gradually with a mixture over a few days?! we're dropping the afternoon bottle too in the next week so its all change!
    thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭Diamond Doll

I wouldn't bother with the follow-on formula, cows milk is absolutely fine from a year on. Just make sure it's full-fat rather than low-fat or skimmed. If she's already had cows milk in food with no reactions, I'd be inclined to just do a straight swap. I know some people gradually add it in ounce by ounce (i.e. combining formula and cows milk in the bottles for a few days), but if she'll take the cows milk on its own, no need for this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭emer_b

I just made the bottles up with half formula half cows milks for a few days (until I had used up all the formula!). Had no issues with either of mine, they didn't seem to notice the change. They were having plenty of dairy in their diets at that stage anyway.
    Good luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

I switched the morning bottle to cows milk for about a week and once he was used to the taste, I stopped using the formula altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭bungaro79

thanks for the replies! we're going to drop the middle bottle in the next week and then we're going to gradually mix the milk and formula and see how it goes!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

Follow on milk is pure marketing crap, cows milk is grand.

• Advertisement
Advertisement