Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swim after 4 weeks?

Options
  • 27-11-2015 1:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭

This Saturday is going to be 4 full weeks from the date I've done my tattoo. It's nothing big, just a picture I added to this post (with colors) on my calf and if everything went well I was told I would be allowed to start swimming after 10-14 days.

Unfortunately, it's going to be the end of 4 weeks and my scab still hasn't fallen off. Since I was already supposed to be training in the pool I'm eager to go as soon as I'm sure it's ok, but although I would assume the "wound" has healed I don't know if I should hop into the pool until my scab has entirely fallen off - anybody knows a bit more about this? And if this is really the case and I should really wait out till my scab falls off, when can I expect this to happen?

Note that prior to this I had 2 tattoos and no issues like this. Scab would fall of within 14 days max and I didn't really give it a second thought afterwords...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

The wound is not healed if there is still a scab, shininess or any tightness of the skin. Wouldn't recommend swimming until all of the above have passed.

Advertisement