Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin s2

Options
  • 26-11-2015 9:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭

Just wondering what strap length is like on these. Have big wrist and had a Garmin running watch which was quite tight although was a much bigger watch face which would not having helped.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭idle

Don't know about strap length but I didn't find mine comfortable when swinging so just strap it to the bag now. Can anyone recommend a good range finder

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

I guess I have 'normal' sized wrists and I have a fair bit of strap to work with on a Garmin S1. I don't like it too tightly around my wrist, but never had a problem. Some days I don't even want that and then I strap it to my bag.
    The S1 one is of the best things I ever bought for golf bar actual golf clubs. Haven't played a competitive round without it since I bought it 3 years ago or so. It really works well and is the least disruptive way of getting your distances. Just a glance at the wrist.
    Has done my game some good too. I'm not as long as I think I am and I'm not even thinking I'm long in the first place. Us handicappers are not using enough club. Looking at the hard numbers makes the guessing and the ego go away. For me it did anyway. Buy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭tritriagain

Thanks for replies. Bought Garmin s2 for 124. Euro .will let u know how I got on when. I receive it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭bigtimecharlie

Thanks for replies. Bought Garmin s2 for 124. Euro .will let u know how I got on when. I receive it.

Where did you get it for that price?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭tritriagain

Mcguirks on black Friday. 145 with 15% off. Although hasn't been shipped yet. Ordered shoes off them before and got an email 4 days later to say they hadn't got my size. So I'll wait and see on this one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭bigtimecharlie

Santy was good to me. Wife got me an S3 which cost her €169 delivered from mcguirks website when the new store in Cork had none in stock.

Can't wait for the rain to stop.

I have the S3 and a medium sized wrist, there are plenty of extra notches beyond the size of my wrist (8) so I don't think it should be a problem for a larger wrist.

Advertisement