Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Asus Vs Dell

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭yellowlabrador

You are looking at the US site. I don't think they will ship it to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭mad m

You are looking at the US site. I don't think they will ship it to Ireland.

Brother in law lives in Texas. He is coming over for Christmas....ahem:)

any advice lads I'd appreciate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭killanena

Id go for the dell as the graphics are slightly better, Also has an extra 2gb of video memory which is nice for high texture mods for games etc.

The Asus as the slightly faster i7 but Id get an slight upgrade on gpu over cpu any day when it comes to gaming, if that is what its purpose is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Yeah, Dell hands down, it's far better performer in games.

• Advertisement

Also the Dell has better built in sound and sound you need more space then whats on the SSD, Apparently its very easy to pop in a new 2.5" hard drive, Just pop off the back.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,938 ✭✭✭circadian

That i7 will probably hammer through juice.

See originally only thing I copped was the different cpu, wouldn't have copped the other comments. Many thanks lads. Now just on a side note, would you think it's worth the money?

mad m wrote: »
    See originally only thing I copped was the different cpu, wouldn't have copped the other comments. Many thanks lads. Now just on a side note, would you think it's worth the money?

750 euro is a decent enough price. Its a mid range gaming laptop, you can play most games no problem on high (not ultra high), Maybe on medium on a TV. Also the extra 2gb video ram on the graphics chip will come in handy as newer games are starting to require it more and more. 8Gb ram is all you need for gaming. Processor has turbo which means it will overclock itself but only when it needs to.

Only thing is it only comes with a 286GB Soild state drive for memory, Which don't get me wrong, the laptop will probably boot up fully in 12-18 seconds but you should buy an extra 1tb hard drive 2.5" (cost about 50-70 euro) and throw it in yourself to keep games on and whatever else you want. As I said before, its suppose to be very easy to throw the extra hard drive in that laptop. Simple guides by searching the model on youtube.

I would go with the Asus, I hate dell build quality.

The asus also had dual heat sinks and fans, chances are the dell won't.

I haven't filled my 250 GB ssd yet and use my Nas to store most stuff on such as Pics, videos and movies, I can stream from the NAS on the internet too when out and about. This saves a massive amount of room. Or just use an external USB 3 hard drive.

Regarding the graphics, is there really much of a difference ?

• Advertisement

Yes, the Dell is considerably better for games. About 20% faster.

I would find another machine with equivalent spec, I'm not running Dell down for the sake of it but they are not the best machines. I had 3 and had issues with them all, bad build quality.

I would find another machine with equivalent spec, I'm not running Dell down for the sake of it but they are not the best machines. I had 3 and had issues with them all, bad build quality.

there's no way you will find a same spec machine for that money. 960M starts at about 1k here....in euro. $750 Is an excellent deal.

there's no way you will find a same spec machine for that money. 960M starts at about 1k here....in euro. $750 Is an excellent deal.

It's a good deal if the laptop turns out to be good quality but in my experience Dell laptops are a disaster.

Advertisement