Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Results and Dividends

Options
  • 25-11-2015 11:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭

hi,

Is the profit/loss for a company zero after I paid myself a wage, sent off the tax and claimed for expenses ?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭barneystinson

aindriu80 wrote: »
    hi,

Is the profit/loss for a company zero after I paid myself a wage, sent off the tax and claimed for expenses ?

thanks

Ah, you're back I see!

Still as determined as ever not to have to pay to have your accounts prepared by a professional?!

The correct answer to the question you've posed is... maybe, it depends.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

Lol, Yes I'm back and got all changes updated since the 2014 act.

It's a good enough answer, there wasn't a lot of money going through so I will have to put down zero dividend

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭power101

aindriu80 wrote: »
    hi,

thanks

It could be a loss, a 0 result or a profit. Without any numbers to work with or the details it is impossible to answer properly. Are the expenses allowable? Was the personal tax paid through the company?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

Yes I checked to make sure expenses were allowable, I paid the tax via ROS.

Advertisement