Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Inbound VOIP provider

Options
  • 25-11-2015 10:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭

I've been using betamax voip (freevoipdeal) for a couple of months now and I'm sufficiently happy with how reliable it is given the price point. One thing I have missed is the ability to receive inbound calls so my question is:

Is it possible to have a secondary VOIP provider for incoming calls that is able to provide local numbers without using that same provider for outbound calls (router switches provider dependent on whether call is inbound or outbound) so I can continue to make calls using freevoipdeal whilst receiving calls from a provider like GoldFish?

I have a Vodafone HG658c with modified firmware that allows me to use custom VOIP providers,

cheers

Nevermind, figured it out - for anyone who has a similar question it is possible. You can set one profile up for inbound only.

You can purchase a local line from the likes of goldfish.ie or use https://www.freespeech.ie/ which gives you a free extension with their local number.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,990 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Kevin! wrote: »
    I've been using betamax voip (freevoipdeal) for a couple of months now and I'm sufficiently happy with how reliable it is given the price point. One thing I have missed is the ability to receive inbound calls so my question is:

Is it possible to have a secondary VOIP provider for incoming calls that is able to provide local numbers without using that same provider for outbound calls (router switches provider dependent on whether call is inbound or outbound) so I can continue to make calls using freevoipdeal whilst receiving calls from a provider like GoldFish?

I have a Vodafone HG658c with modified firmware that allows me to use custom VOIP providers,

cheers

Nevermind, figured it out - for anyone who has a similar question it is possible. You can set one profile up for inbound only.

You can purchase a local line from the likes of goldfish.ie or use https://www.freespeech.ie/ which gives you a free extension with their local number.

Is this the Freespeech local number and extension you mean?
    (01)-4407400 - Common access dial in number (let's you call a freespeech 'extension' from landline or mobile)

I wonder do the callers get charged a little more for using that number?

Just wondering how it generates revenue for that service on a Free account. :cool:

The Goldfish.ie cost is €3.99 (+VAT?) per month for your own line number.

BTW .... which did you prefer?

I too use freevoipdeal.com for outgoing calls.
    Really good rates to mobiles .... 2.5c per min.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Mylow

Kevin, I use this provider for inbound Irish number, they are a reseller for DDIWW. I found this provider has the lowest rates and have had no issues with them. They charge €3.50 to set-up the line and then €1.42 per month. You can use your freevoipdeal details to connect your inbound Irish number.

I use sipdiscount for my Irish mobile calls, they charge 1c a minute, set up dial plan to use sipdiscount for outgoing Irish mobile calls, freevoipdeal fro landline calls and calls to UK mobiles and landlines.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Kevin!

Thanks for all the advise lads. I've got my vodafone router configured to do the above now, the only thing is it takes a long time to dial a phone number and there's no tone until just before they pick up? Does this make sense,

Cheers

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13 christopher.sm

I am interested to know how you configure your Vodafone router to do the above. Please provide more information.

Advertisement