Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Qualified Accountant

Options
  • 25-11-2015 8:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Just looking to pick some of your brains. I am a qualified ACCA accountant(25 years of age) and I am looking to see what other courses etc I can do to add to my CV.

I fully intend to become a Fellow but is there any other courses that would be give me an advantage as I go down the line like a MBA or CFA qualification.

I have been looking to get into analyst roles but with my backround as a Financial accountant I haven't got anywhere and its something I really want to get into.

Would attempting the CFA qualification be worth the effort (working currently in Insurance) or would it be a waste of time. I also find looking at the Job Specs the "Big 4 ACA" a big hurdle as you cant even get in the door without it and I DONT HAVE IT!!!.

Cheers!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭OttoPilot

Would you be interested in working for big 4 just to get that ticked off the list?

I'd be wary of the cfa. I know a few guys who are also doing it to try break into investment analyst roles and it's not happening for them. I think personally that it's because of the country we live in, that there are so few places which makes it very competitive.

What type of analyst are you thinking of?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭azure

What is the job prospects? I am thinking of doing a conversion course in Accountancy. I heard that 90% of Accountancy students have a job before they even graduate. How true is that?

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭FrStone

azure wrote: »
    What is the job prospects? I am thinking of doing a conversion course in Accountancy. I heard that 90% of Accountancy students have a job before they even graduate. How true is that?

That would be fairly spot on if you did Accountancy or Finance in a University, not sure about the regional colleges.

Advertisement