Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned for spamming?

Options
  • 25-11-2015 6:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭

I was banned for spamming on the site monday morning,i made a new thread about expanding a ps4 irl clan we have going on this site for nearly 2 years so i posted a new thread about expanding it then after about 3 hours later i checked the thread to discover my thread was gone i did`nt know what was wrong so the next morning i made the thread again i got a couple of post up on it which was grand then after a n hour or 2 later i got a message from a mod saying i was banned for a week from general gaming for spamming,i was livid i sent him a reply asking why was i not messaged the 1st time around for my post been taking down with an explanation,if i was told why my post was taking down in the first place i would`nt mind yet i`m still waiting for the mod to get back to me?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Hi cobraeire

One of the Computer Games Cmods will look at this for you in due course. I see you've contacted the banning mod via pm, can you confirm you are not able to reach an agreed resolution via pm up to this point?

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭cobraeire

Myrddin wrote: »
    Hi cobraeire

One of the Computer Games Cmods will look at this for you in due course. I see you've contacted the banning mod via pm, can you confirm you are not able to reach an agreed resolution via pm up to this point?

yes well i did message him monday evening and he has not reply to me,i can show you his message if you like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

cobraeire wrote: »
    yes well i did message him monday evening and he has not reply to me,i can show you his message if you like?

No that's fine, I'm in the process of moving away from Cmod duties so just hold off now until you hear from another Games Cmod.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,464 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Hi cobraeire, I'll look into this for you. I'll be back to you after I have checked things out.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,464 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Hi cobraeire, I have discussed this with my colleagues. We have decided to take you at your word that you didn't realise that the first thread was deleted. I have lifted the ban.

I want to reiterate that you still did break the forum rules as the first thread you created was considered spam as was the follow up thread that you created once the first one was removed. In light of this an infraction has been issued to take account of this.

You should also have a read over the General Gaming forum charter for reference.

I trust this resolves the situation?

- Sierra

• Advertisement

Hi cobraeire, I have discussed this with my colleagues. We have decided to take you at your word that you didn't realise that the first thread was deleted. I have lifted the ban.

I want to reiterate that you still did break the forum rules as the first thread you created was considered spam as was the follow up thread that you created once the first one was removed. In light of this an infraction has been issued to take account of this.

You should also have a read over the General Gaming forum charter for reference.

I trust this resolves the situation?

- Sierra
    What do you mean you will take my word for it? i can show you all the messages in my inbox if you like,my post was taking down no one messaged me to say why it was taking down...and still have`nt i can show you the post as i have a screen shot i can`t see how i am at fault for reposting if i had of been told "here your post has been taking down because..." fair enough i would`nt put the same post up again but the way your saying its my fault and just again why was my post taking down in the 1st place?can you`s at least be fair with that

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Reminder: if you're not the OP and haven't been invited to contribute, you may not post here.

So was it the link i had in the post spam?link of a thread from your site?

What do you mean you will take my word for it? i can show you all the messages in my inbox if you like,my post was taking down no one messaged me to say why it was taking down...and still have`nt i can show you the post as i have a screen shot i can`t see how i am at fault for reposting if i had of been told "here your post has been taking down because..." fair enough i would`nt put the same post up again but the way your saying its my fault and just again why was my post taking down in the 1st place?can you`s at least be fair with that

What I mean is that there is no way for me to know 100% that you didn't know the thread was removed, and that you decided to just re-create the thread which is a violation of the forum rules. As I said, I will take your word that it was a genuine oversight on your behalf. That doesn't change the fact that the original thread was worthy of removal, nor does it change the fact that the re-creation of the thread was a violation of the forum rules.

Just so we are clear - of course I have seen the threads. I have also seen the PM that you sent the moderator. I wouldn't take any action without checking all the facts first.

So was it the link i had in the post spam?link of a thread from your site?

The problem is that you already have an active and successful thread in the Battlefield forum, and there is no need to spam links to that thread in other forum sections. The best place for the thread is in the Battlefield forum and not the General Gaming section. Accordingly the first thread you created in the General Gaming forum was removed, as was the one when you re-created the deleted thread (which lead to the ban).

It is your responsibility to be aware of the forum rules.

To be honest at this stage I am not too sure what else you want me to do. I have removed the ban to allow you continue posting on the forum in line with the forum charter. However an infraction is warranted considering you violated the forum charter not once but twice. It would be unfair on all other users who have to abide by the forum rules if this is let pass without any enforcement of the rules whatsoever.

You have been a regular contributor throughout the gaming section. I don't want this to put you off posting in the future - take it as an opportunity to refresh yourself with the forum charter.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,749 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Marking this as resolved as there's been no further input from the OP in 3 weeks.

tHB

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement