Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone going to Fatboy Slim on new years eve?

Options
  • 24-11-2015 10:01pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 22

Bit of a weird lineup, kind of in two minds. Would be perfect if he closes the gig.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

doubt it mate if there was other dance music acts or dj's on id consider it

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Mcbumhole

its a very strange line up alright, it could have been brilliant if it was a dance music specific night. I wonder if he knows himself what he's in for :eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭fiachr_a

Moby would be great for NY's eve, with his rock band!

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭Tin_Cup

Was thinking about going but have no interest in the other acts at all. Shame

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭CyanRain

Saw him at Forbidden Fruit and it was genuinely the most disappointing moment of my life. He literally plays what sounds like the Calvin Harris remix of Eat, Sleep, Rave, Repeat for an hour but for drops he plays a snippet of one of his songs.

So it goes like...

EAT SLEEP RAVE REPEAT EAT SLEEP RAVE REPEAT EAT SLEEP RAVE REPEAT EAT-IWANNAPRAISEYOULIKEI-EAT SLEEP RAVE REPEAT EAT SLEEP RAVE REPEAT and so on.

Stay away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭stoksyXL

He was quality in the point depot in 98/99, can't remember the exact year. Was a quality gig, played in a boxing ring in the middle of the floor.

This gig lineup is dirt, poxy coronas.

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭Tin_Cup

Was the boxing ring = fatboy slim vs armand van helden ?? I think memories coming back of that one!

Yeah it was 1999 and the Scratch Perverts supported him. I remember it was one of the first times I had seen scratching live, I literally stood there like this :eek: for their whole set. His was good as well, he opened with that Lalo Shifron song, the intro to his Essential Selection (one of the best mix cds of all time)

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭stoksyXL

Tin_Cup wrote: »
    Was the boxing ring = fatboy slim vs armand van helden ?? I think memories coming back of that one!

No, van helden wasn't there, it was just fatboy slim djing on his own.
    Scratch perverts were on the warmup.
    And the united players showed up too, they were up on the balcony, they were out for beckham's stag night.

Did anyone go to this gig? Well Im sure loads did but any of you lot?

• Advertisement
Advertisement