Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Funding for PGDE courses in Scotland for non Scottish residents

Options
  • 24-11-2015 6:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm looking into the viability of doing a PGDE in Scotland and trying to find information about the funding available to students that aren't ordinarily resident in Scotland. I've a British passport but have lived in Ireland most of my adult life. I'd appreciate if anybody has information or helpful links that could answer this.

Many thanks in advance for any help.

Alex

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭scoopmine

I believe the course is funded by the government but you have to stay and teach for a year after. Check out Aberdeen university!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Aimsir Bia

soapbloggs wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm looking into the viability of doing a PGDE in Scotland and trying to find information about the funding available to students that aren't ordinarily resident in Scotland. I've a British passport but have lived in Ireland most of my adult life. I'd appreciate if anybody has information or helpful links that could answer this.

Many thanks in advance for any help.

Alex

Hello

I know it has been a while since you did the course but I'm hoping you or anybody reading this thread might be able to inform me if there are any bursaries or grants available for living costs for the duration of the ten month course. I'll be studying in Dundee from August. I'm aware that as an E.U student I'm eligible to apply to S.A.A.S to help with covering the fees.Any further information would be much appreciated as I'm finding it difficult to access information online.Also has anybody experience of accessing a student loan,are funds available in.Scotland to be paid back after qualification?I'm working and sparing as much as I can but am.really feeling the pressure and I'd prefer to avoid working while doing the course.

Cheers

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement