Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Importing a Motorbike from France

Options
  • 24-11-2015 6:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I have been looking at importing a motorbike from France but running into an issue with a dealer in that he can only sell it to me if there is evidence of living in France for 3 months even though I am planning to bring it into Ireland...
    Anyone done this or a suggestion of how to import a bike into Ireland from France from a dealer?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭KT10

Ring Derek in Overlanders, he'll probably be able to tell you whats involved as I understand they buy bikes in from Europe for their shop in Wexford.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭two wheels good

Do you know any local resident who can take ownership and then transfer it to you? I know of a non-resident who bought a car privately in France and exported it without problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

gctest50 wrote: »
    Only after 01/01/2016 ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭colm_c

Why has no one asked the most import question -- what bike are you getting OP?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭colm_c

Mesrine65 wrote: »
    Only after 01/01/2016 ;)

It's actually the other way around, the 100hp+ restriction will be removed from France in 2016.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭fear_factory84

I was able to register a bike imported from Italy without transferring it in my name in Italy only without the registration paper and a buy/sell contract in English.
    Perhaps it was from a friend that trusted me and waited for my shipping of all the paper to deregister the bike in Italy after my successful Irish registration.

This is something a stranger or a shop wouldn't do.

I used Overlanders for the shipping and everything went good.

Advertisement