Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to transfer contacts from android phone to computer

Options
  • 24-11-2015 9:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I am a new Android phone users. Switched from an old Nokia Symbian powered cell phone. I have nearly 300+ contacts on my phone and seek a way to back up them to a computer, just in case of unexpected damaged to the phone.

Is there a free way to do that?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

can you import them into your Google account? I put that as a question as I've never had to do it, they've always just been there on every android I've signed in on.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,815 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

If the contacts are in your google account its easy

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭bpb101

feck your google accounts. Pointless
    go to contacts. Settings , Hit export to sd card
    plug your sd card into your pc and look for a vcf file. If you dont have an sd card, Look for export and plug in your phone and look for the vcf file

At a later stage, you can just import this file.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

bpb101 wrote: »
    plug your sd card into your pc and look for a vcf file. If you dont have an sd card, Look for export and plug in your phone and look for the vcf file

So using a google account is more pointless than the convoluted way you described?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,407 ✭✭✭droidman123

ThisRegard wrote: »
    So using a google account is more pointless than the convoluted way you described?

exactly what I was thinking!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

FYI, if you export your contacts to SD card, transfer to your PC, you can then import that file into Google and populate your contacts that way.
    Then that'll sync with your phone.

That's how I did it when I got my first Android phone, as all my contacts were on my SIM, and there was no option to merge automatically to Google.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭bpb101

ThisRegard wrote: »
    go to contacts, hit export. Not that hard

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

But you have to do that every time you add a new contact to make sure that you have the latest backup.

With synching to Google, they are automatically backed up if set to do so.

As pointed out below, once you have your phone linked up to your google account, you do nothing ever again, unless you move to iOS.

Why would you want to bypass this simplicity?
    But you have to do that every time you add a new contact to make sure that you have the latest backup.

With synching to Google, they are automatically backed up if set to do so.

• Advertisement

You're right. When I was transferring someone from Android to iOS they didn't have their contacts synced with their Google account as it was a company phone so I had to do it the hard way similar to what's being suggested here.

• Site Banned Posts: 8 Zeiouslly

S7yiler wrote: »
    I am a new Android phone users. Switched from an old Nokia Symbian powered cell phone. I have nearly 300+ contacts on my phone and seek a way to back up them to a computer, just in case of unexpected damaged to the phone.

Is there a free way to do that?

Nobody can directly transfer contacts from Android to computer without some apps, because the Contacts are stored in pone's internal memory as the complex database type, it doesn't allows users or tool to access to it's database, unless you try the professional Android assistant tool, this tool can be able to get access to the contacts or messages database and export contacts, messages from Android to PC, but it's not free, I've been using it for a year to backup and restore my contacts, messages from Android to computer, worth a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 S7yiler

theteal wrote: »
    can you import them into your Google account? I put that as a question as I've never had to do it, they've always just been there on every android I've signed in on.

No, I don't have a google account coz the service was blocked in here

• Registered Users Posts: 4 S7yiler

Thank u, i will sort it out with your suggestion

• Site Banned Posts: 8 Zeiouslly

S7yiler wrote: »
    No, I don't have a google account coz the service was blocked in here

If you didn't use Gmail in your country, I suggest you try third party app like Android manager tool. it's works with all data transfer including messages, contacts, photos, apps, but it's not free. If you have budget, it would be first choice.

Advertisement