Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone insurance for S6 worth it?

Options
  • 24-11-2015 5:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi,

I recently bought a new Samsung S6 on bill and I want to get is insured because i'm sure i'll break the screen at some point.

I've read that phone insurance is not worth it because of tight conditions in which they pay out and also the high excess. I've found the lowest cover to be 8.99eur a month.

Is they're cheaper coverage out there or is there even a point due to the very specific payout terms?

Also have you any security tips (Apart from obvious ones) such Lookout/tracking apps?

P.S the phone is valued at around 850eur.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,382 ✭✭✭ando

I'm also interested, have an iPhone s6, similar price but not currently insured. Heard the same about insurance companies!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭pajero12

Read up on the different insurance companies terms and conditions, It's definitely worth insuring the handset considering it's value, Personally I think you'd be crazy not to.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

You'd be mad not to insure it TBH. I think the highest excess I've ever paid is €50. I've had to claim from my insurance a couple of times over the years, and I've always found it to be well worth it, because I've always had quite spectacular breakages on the phones. My latest one was when I dropped my beloved HTC One M7, and smashed the screen to bits, sent it off to the insurance for repair, they declared it to be beyond economical repair, but they didn't have any M7s to replace it with, so they sent me an M9!

I'm with Pier, purely because that was who 3 do their insurance through, and I took it out when I bought the phone. The main thing you can do is really scrutinise the small print.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

it may not apply to any of you but if you have an ulster bank account/u first account they give you free mobile phone insurance.
    and imo its defintely worth insuring as insurance in most cases cover cracked screens or broken phones that have fallen.
    for example my galaxy 3 fell, cracked screen and they just replaced it.they didnt even try to get it fixed.

Advertisement