Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transferring apps

Options
  • 24-11-2015 2:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I've got a new phone and was wanting to transfer over the apps I installed myself from the old handset. I've forgotten the email password associated with the old handset.

How do I do this?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Recover your password. Everything is tied to that account and apps will show as previously downloaded / bought.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Okay - I've only got a few apps - only WhatsApp is paid for. I could easily renew them, although WhatApp and one other app has data that I would like to keep.

I can't seem to transfer the data as the old phone is running on Gingerbread.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭.red.

As above. Look for the "forgot password" in google play and reset it then sign in on the new phone. You should then be able to go into "my apps" which will have all your apps from the old fone. If you bought any, then you dont need to pay for them again.

Cool thanks - I figured out my old password which has helped greatly here.

Is there a recognised easy way to hide unwanted apps?

Good stuff.

Go to http://play.google.com in your browser and look at your apps list. You'll see a little X in the corner of each item. Click it for any that you want to remove.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Okay - I've only got a few apps - only WhatsApp is paid for. I could easily renew them, although WhatApp and one other app has data that I would like to keep.

I can't seem to transfer the data as the old phone is running on Gingerbread.

You can just copy the WhatsApp folder from your SD card over to the new phone. When you install WhatsApp again, it will pick up the old data and ask if you want to restore it.
    I'm not sure if it takes all your conversations though, so while you'll still have photos etc, you might only be able to access them via your phone gallery.

Thanks. Got my what's app updated. Still got an issue with a load of unwanted apps.
    How can I delete (or hide them) in order to tidy up my screens?

Thanks.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Thanks. Got my what's app updated. Still got an issue with a load of unwanted apps.

Thanks.

Long press and pick uninstall.

Use a launcher that supports icon hiding (like Nova Prime, Go Launcher or Smart Launcher 3)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭south

Thanks.

Are they stock apps that came on your phone?

• Advertisement
Advertisement