Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where is the best place to buy a new S5 or S6 currently?

Options
  • 24-11-2015 12:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭

My Galaxy S3 has had its day... way too slow now and im going to pass it onto my son.

Im looking to buy a new sim free unlocked S5 or S6 (not too pushed on which) but im having a hard time finding either sim free/unlocked for a decent price.

Amazon uk and sterling is obscene at the moment and i dont fancy a second hand one from adverts or donedeal.

Any ideas on where to get a good deal on one of these?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

Cheapest in store is Three - 32gb for 579 and 64gb for 679. About 15 euro to get it unlocked within a few hours (from eBay) and flash it with official samsung BTU firmware from Sammobile to get rid of Three boot up screen. This is what I did.

Or save 100+ euro and buy it from Amazon.it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭5star02707

Flaccus wrote: »
    Cheapest in store is Three - 32gb for 579 and 64gb for 679. About 15 euro to get it unlocked within a few hours (from eBay) and flash it with official samsung BTU firmware from Sammobile to get rid of Three boot up screen. This is what I did.

Or save 100+ euro and buy it from Amazon.it.

mind to ask what's BTU? and that is the United Kingdom one right?

Yep. It's UK official samsung firmware so does not void warranty and means potential faster updates.

Thanks! also do you know if once you unlocked your phone and re flashed it with 3ireland firmware it won't be locked again right? and you can flash any firmware with it?

I actually had a three phone, unlocked it (code from eBay), flashed the btu firmware using odin, and then flashed back to the three firmware (you can download from sammobile) as I was returning it over the stupid loose home button :) replacement was loose also.

I think you have to flash the firmware specific to your model......so three ireland, vodafone ireland, meteor ireland, btu etc. They all work. Most people flash the btu to get rid of the annoying boot up screen and bloat the carrier ships.

Anyway you model will likely be using is the SM-G920F. And here is the Three firmware.
    http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/database/SM-G920F/3IE/

And here is the btu firmware :
    http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/database/SM-G920F/BTU/

Just download the ones with the latest date. They are fairly big at over 2gb.

You then need the Odin app, the samsung usb drivers, and a simple guide.
    This is the best guide I found on Youtube and he gives the links to Odin and usb drivers.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tv0BnfpNxEs

The whole process take minutes to actually do. Only a few clicks.

Just make sure you buy an unlock code first. I used these guys who another boardsie recommended. A bit pricey at 21.95 but I had my code within 6 hours.
    They send you an email with a link, and you have to enter your IMEI exactly.
    http://www.ebay.ie/itm/272030113543?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

• Advertisement

Cheers! yeah instructions on sammobile is easy enough to understand.

^ That's some price drop from S5 for a brand new one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

zerks wrote: »

Great price but no stock anywhere - usual argos story!

Anywhere else at the moment to get one?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭JoyPad

Access wrote: »
    Anywhere else at the moment to get one?

S6 32GB black is €472 on Pixmania

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭wozza

I've used Clevertronic shop on ebay ie from Germany, had 3 phones from them in past and every one is 100% perfect and unlocked to any network.

Delivery from them to your door is around 5 days and minimum guarantee on phone is 12 months unless you get one of the phones they describe as defect, and its euro no sterling rip off trade and extortinate delivery cost from UK

I had a 3 star note 3 off them and there wasn't a visible mark on it

Warren

edit : boards wont allow me to post links but they have an 4 star S6 for 387 euro with 2 year guarantee and 15 for delivery

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

wozza wrote: »
    I've used Clevertronic shop on ebay ie from Germany, had 3 phones from them in past and every one is 100% perfect and unlocked to any network.

Delivery from them to your door is around 5 days and minimum guarantee on phone is 12 months unless you get one of the phones they describe as defect, and its euro no sterling rip off trade and extortinate delivery cost from UK

I had a 3 star note 3 off them and there wasn't a visible mark on it

Warren

edit : boards wont allow me to post links but they have an 4 star S6 for 387 euro with 2 year guarantee and 15 for delivery

Probably this is what you are referring to.

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Samsung-Galaxy-S6-SM-G920F-32GB-gold-TOP-Gewahrleistung-/141838056938

• Site Banned Posts: 8 Zeiouslly

You can go to ebay to buy, I've got one from ebay.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Kaiser84

JoyPad wrote: »
    S6 32GB black is €472 on Pixmania

Hi, are Pixmania reliable?

I've never used them before. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Kaiser84

Zeiouslly wrote: »
    You can go to ebay to buy, I've got one from ebay.

Any particular shop on eBay?

Advertisement