Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Isis women documentary

Options
  • 23-11-2015 10:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,804 ✭✭✭

Anyone watching this.
    Muslim women who join Isis. Their online activity and attitudes etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,876 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

only turned it on few minutes ago. what i miss?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,804 ✭✭✭take everything

Basically a woman goes under cover and infiltrates a group of radical Islam women.
    Catches them on camera talking about "filthy Jews" and how Sharia is the only law and how they reject democracy.

And how the most radical of these views are only expressed in private women studies groups. With young women and kids present.

Groups that are funded by the democracy they reject and hate.
    Charming.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭Crimsonforce

Funny enough they also received state support in terms of funding...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,876 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

englands in a lot of trouble with this stuff arent they! disturbing what i did see of this documentary

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭ComfortKid

What channel was it on?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

ComfortKid wrote: »
    What channel was it on?

Channel 4 being repeated on on 4+1

I'm recording it and going to watch it when I've finished watching the Joy

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭hytrogen

Basically a woman goes under cover and infiltrates a group of radical Islam women.
    Catches them on camera talking about "filthy Jews" and how Sharia is the only law and how they reject democracy.

And how the most radical of these views are only expressed in private women studies groups. With young women and kids present.

Groups that are funded by the democracy they reject and hate.
    Charming.

So thus proving that these Daesh threats are indeed penetrable and that we don't actually have a hell of a lot to worry about & the Brits don't have to increase defence spending by £12bn per annum?? Nor should the french go bomb Syria? All we have to do is join one of theor book clubs? Nice, where do i sign up lol :P I must tell mum not to be discussing my dirty nickers at her loose women meeting in the local cafe or else the journo's will go seeking the truth about my Tommy boxers addiction.. :L

Stheno wrote:
    Channel 4 being repeated on on 4+1

Cheers, il just get the last half hour of it anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭BlueLass

Chances are it'll be repeated at some stage on more4 or 4seven or again on channel 4. Sounds intetesting,will have to catch it again.

"What can you do to a man who looks down the barrell of a gun and sees paradise? The worlds his oyster"

That somes it up perfectly.

• Advertisement

Do Muslim women actually wear those vails in public in Ireland or the Uk?

I got ran out of many a place for having my hood up before, yet these people can wear what is essentially a balaclava?

Suppose if a shopkeeper asked them to remove the vail they'd be sued for racism.

Ahh this documentary is after making me more angry about "the west" than isis..

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Do Muslim women actually wear those vails in public in Ireland or the Uk?

I got ran out of many a place for having my hood up before, yet these people can wear what is essentially a balaclava?

Suppose if a shopkeeper asked them to remove the vail they'd be sued for racism.

Ahh this documentary is after making me more angry about "the west" than isis..

Eh yes they do, you see them on a limited basis in Dublin, but visit the likes of Stratford in London and they are everywhere.

That documentary made me more mad about the fact that they can communicate surreptisiously than anything else.

Stheno wrote:
    Eh yes they do, you see them on a limited basis in Dublin, but visit the likes of Stratford in London and they are everywhere.

Stheno wrote:
    That documentary made me more mad about the fact that they can communicate surreptisiously than anything else.

I've only been in Dublin probably twice in my life and that was jusr to get to the airport. I don't think I've ever seen a real life Muslim yet alone one wearing a balaclava.

Did you listen to what they were saying though, it's all true. They are retaliating for our interference in Iraq,Syria,Lybia ect.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

...they aren't wearing balaclavas. :rolleyes:

I've only been in Dublin probably twice in my life and that was jusr to get to the airport. I don't think I've ever seen a real life Muslim yet alone one wearing a balaclava.

Did you listen to what they were saying though, it's all true. They are retaliating for our interference in Iraq,Syria,Lybia ect.

Look, I lived in Portlaoise a few years ago when Benazir Bhutto was killed, my Palestinian doctor at the time was over the moon.

I live in Swords in Dublin, loads of Muslims, Hindus etc about, generally don't cause any issues whatsoever.

My gynae is a Muslim, and one of the nicest people I know

Don't judge people on their religion or lack therof, she certainly doesn't, and neither do I.

I used work with the chap who bombed London in the 70s, met the Birmingham six etc and somehow have learned to have a relatively open mind.

Orizio wrote:
    ...they aren't wearing balaclavas.

Sorry, I forgot there is a big difference, let me rephrase. .

**A piece of clothing that covers all of the head except the eyes

Sorry, I forgot there is a big difference, let me rephrase. .

**A piece of clothing that covers all of the head except the eyes

I wore that when in North America during bad weather in Jan 2014 tbh

Stheno wrote:
    Look, I lived in Portlaoise a few years ago when Benazir Bhutto was killed, my Palestinian doctor at the time was over the moon.

Stheno wrote:
    I live in Swords in Dublin, loads of Muslims, Hindus etc about, generally don't cause any issues whatsoever.

Stheno wrote:
    My gynae is a Muslim, and one of the nicest people I know

Stheno wrote:
    Don't judge people on their religion or lack therof, she certainly doesn't, and neither do I.

Stheno wrote:
    I used work with the chap who bombed London in the 70s, met the Birmingham six etc and somehow have learned to have a relatively open mind.

What has any of this got to do with anything I said?

I'm against people hiding their face in public, be it auld nancy from down the road, jihadi john or the ira

What has any of this got to do with anything I said?

I'm against people hiding their face in public, be it auld nancy from down the road, jihadi john or the ira
    I'm just explaining that I've lived a life more exposed than you, where you come across people of different faiths who dress differently tbh

I've never had a problem with it, apart from my then gp whom I despised.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,049 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

You should probably make a play for dictator so, then you can decide what people can and cannot wear in public.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Advertisement
Advertisement