Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Winter wedding guest

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,603 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

I think the last one was the dressiest: the red one is very short like a summer dress, and the separates always look more casual.

The blue with lace sleeves only needs a shrug or shawl, and pretty high heels and crisp hair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭Diamond Doll

I absolutely love the first one!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

katemarch wrote: »
    I think the last one was the dressiest: the red one is very short like a summer dress, and the separates always look more casual.

The blue with lace sleeves only needs a shrug or shawl, and pretty high heels and crisp hair.
    I agree, I think the blue with lace sleeves would be fab with a jade shawl/pashmina

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭Moody_mona

Thanks! I know the red is short, but the model is 7 inches taller than me; it was more the colour that got me. I thought the last one was quite unusual with the lace, but understated. Thanks for the comments!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

The first looks too casual. Either of the other two would work.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

The second one is my favourite

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭2xj3hplqgsbkym

Dolbert wrote: »
    The second one is my favourite

Me too, few accessories needed, just a nice warm coat

• Registered Users Posts: 7,175 ✭✭✭dee_mc

I like the second one, very easy to dress it up a bit with a pretty furry shawl or jacket.
    I wouldn't wear red to a Winter wedding because the bridesmaids are so often in red, and because so many other guests are likely to wear red... also think this dress is a bit casual for a wedding!
    I think the third one could potentially look a bit mumsy because of the cut of the skirt part, especially if you're a lot shorter than the model... I'd be prepared to have it altered though because it's a really pretty dress!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭Moody_mona

Yas are all great! I ordered the last two, so I'll try them on and see what they're like.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Moody_mona wrote: »
    Yas are all great! I ordered the last two, so I'll try them on and see what they're like.

Good luck" There is a great shop off Stephens Green for shawls/bags in Dublin if you are in Dublin, pm me if you want the name, can't remember it right now.

• Advertisement
Advertisement