Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

buying tickets for uk events from Ireland

Options
  • 23-11-2015 8:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭

This may be a stupid question, and excuse my ignorance, but is it possible to buy tickets for an event in the U.K from Ireland on ticketmaster website? The event in question is Coldplay concert in Wembley next June, tickets on sale Friday. Thanks! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭sabrewulf

yes, you can. I ordered for the Eminem Bangor show from there. You might need a new account (but you also might be able to temporarily chose .co.uk as your "home" domain extension).

It gave me this when logging in with the "irish" credentials:
    You have logged in from a domain that is not the home domain in your account.
    Your home domain is http://www.ticketmaster.ie
    To edit your home domain, please change your location in your User Profile.
    You can still access and manage your account using the My Account navigation to the right.
    Login to your account from your home domain to take full advantage of your personalised My Ticketmaster features.
    I don't remember seeing that message this when I ordered. Might be new. Anyway, current account or separate one. It should be possible.

If not, here's some alternatives:
    http://www.festivaldatabase.com/?cat=2809

EDIT: just saw that the Wembley event is listed on the .IE site, so no need to bother with the .UK site. You will be able to buy them as usual through the irish site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Yeah we were at the Foo Fighters in Milton Keynes in September

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

It's doable, but the cost of sending the tickets to Ireland is massively prohibitive. I think they were trying to charge 14 sterling punts to send tickets to Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

It's doable, but the cost of sending the tickets to Ireland is massively prohibitive. I think they were trying to charge 14 sterling punts to send tickets to Ireland.

Get an E-ticket

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

There wasn't an otion for an e-ticket... I think! Anyway, I had it sent to a UK address, so it was all good in the end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,010 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

I think they have added an option for normal posting from UK, the cost being around 3-4 pounds.

Advertisement