Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bra Fitting

Options
  • 23-11-2015 4:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

Just had an awful experience in a bra shop.
    I went in with the intention of buying a wonder bra next week.

I asked was it a free fitting service.She said yes but only can get fitted if buying a bra!
    So therefore I couldn't get fitted today.....

She was extremely rude too and I was trying to ask her about a lifting bra too but just her manner was so rude.I couldn't wait to leave so left fairly swiftly.

I think wonderbra gives lift this but because it sits lower than a normal bra do you lose your waist? I am looking for a strapless bra.
    Hope makes sense.

God, I still can't get over her rudeness.! I won't ever be back to that shop.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

I think a lot of them are being sick of offering fitting for free so people can go home and buy the same bra for 3 euro cheaper over the internet. not that it's an excuse to be rude.

I presume you are looking to buy a version of this bra:
    http://m.debenhams.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10052_10001_152010108886_-1

I have it and it works fine for me, it sits on the rib cage, no lower but I am only B or C cup. I would consider it a good bra when you need a strapless bra but would still prefer bra with straps. The silicone band can get a bit uncomfortable.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Smile111

Thanks.Link didn't work

I would have bought it there but not a chance now.
    Does it give you lift like because the bra is lower does it make your upper half shorter.
    This is what I'm trying to avoid.

I am trying to have lift to show waist.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

I have wonderbra ultimate strapless bra. The link probably isn't working because it's mobile website.

All I can say it gives you nice shape, it slims your breast area and it's fairly rigid. But I don't know how much slimmer it makes your waist. Being mostly b cup I do notice a difference between well fitting bra (and this one is one of them) and badly fitting bra but no amount of lift will do much difference to my waist. :D I do notice however that it slides down a bit. Also someone posted very good instructions how to put bra on for best effect, I'll try to find a thread because it makes massive difference.

Edit: I found the link. http://brasandbodyimage.com/2012/09/05/putting-your-bra-on-properly/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,175 ✭✭✭dee_mc

I've used Wonderbra Ultimate Strapless, I actually found it so comfortable I wore 3 or 4 of them as my everyday bras for about a year until I lost weight and needed a different size.
    I think it is very slimming for the waist, mainly because it doesn't sit lower than a normal bra, like most strapless bras do - it's designed to be as firm and uplifting as a bra with straps.
    Try on several different sizes and if you're concerned about how it will look with the particular outfit, bring it with you and try it on with the bra - only way to know for sure.
    A longline strapless bra would be worth trying for waist definition, if you can find one, but I'd say you'll struggle to find a shape as good as the Ultimate strapless to be honest.

Advertisement