Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One hand friendly device recommendation?

Options
  • 23-11-2015 1:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭

I dropped my Nexus 6 last week and smashed the screen. It's biggest fault, being too big, was the reason. I'm surprised I managed to last 1 year without this already happening, this phone is just not made for one handed use. I won't be sorry to see the back of it, very nice device but it was just a horrible experience using it.

Now I'm looking for a device that I can use with one hand without having to shuffle it in my hand. I've always gotten Nexus devices, but the 5x just seems to have too many sacrifices given its price (no front stereo speakers, no wireless charging).

I'm looking for a device that has a fingerprint scanner, NFC and front facing stereo speakers. Wireless charging would also be nice (I've wireless chargers around my house and in the office) plus a decent camera. It won't be used for gaming so I don't need the latest and greatest CPU. Close to stock android with fast os updates is a must, so Samsung are totally out. I've played around with the S6 and that UI is just awful. The one plus 2 doesn't have NFC, so I've also ruled that out.

The only device I've seen so far that comes close is the xperia z5, but it doesn't have wireless charging and I've read about over heating problems and the glass back cracking from it which Sony refuse to cover under warranty.

What other devices are out there?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

With your requirements you have pretty much narrowed it down to S6. NFC, Wireless charging, Camera....

Get a S6, install a new launcher, that will be ok. Although it seems that battery life may bot be the best.

• Moderators Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭Spocker

Awww, based on the title I was expecting something completely different.... :pac:

Advertisement