Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Photo Library?

Options
  • 23-11-2015 12:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭

Hi all,

I currently have ALL my photos store on my mac in the photo Library.
    I need to sort out an online storage option.
    Any recommendations?

I don't mind paying a low subscription fee, but i want to be able to upload my entire library and have everything in the one place. (It's only personal use photos so we're not talking 10,000's)
    Obviously don't want anything too expensive.

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

Flickr?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 prusselstown

Amazon photos unlimited. Unlimited storage of photos only, including Raw for annual charge of $11.99

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Op. Theres no need to pay at all. I find flickr great. You can set everything to private too. Theres Dropbox, pix.ie 500 pixels, Apple icloud, photobucket. That's off the top of my head. Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭Bacchus

For cheap, I'd go with the Amazon unlimited photo option. It's feature light but for that price all you can really expect is a place to backup your photos.

I've started using SmugMug. Got the basic plan for €27 for the year (I think it was discounted for Black Friday from €40). I'm really liking it. Very user friendly interface, easy to organise your library of photos. It's also great for sharing galleries with different people using password protection e.g. I did a little shoot for a friend who had a baby recently and I was able to upload to SmugMug and share only to her (and anyone she shared the link + password to).

The only thing it doesn't support is RAW. I keep a backup on a separate drive at home for them but I think I might sign up for Amazon's glacier backup service for them (super cheap).

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Cameraman

Google photos is also worth a look.

It handles a lot of RAW formats and is completely free if you limit the size to 16 megapixels (it will handle resizing automatically) per image - or you can save full-sized ones with a space limit or charge (uses your 15GB of free storage with a Google account).

Searching is great - because it recognises faces (amazingly accurately) and the contents of images e.g. you can search for "bridge" etc.

I use it as a secondary fallback for my personal photos - have about 49k or so online !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

I have used photobucket for a while now and find it fine.

www.photobucket.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

the free flickr is grand, it has 1TB of space, more than enough for photos.

Advertisement