Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to accessorise a black dress

Options
  • 23-11-2015 1:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭

I'm wearing a long black dress with one shoulder to my work black tie Christmas party. Anyone have any suggestions for what to do with hair, make up, accessories?

I'm torn between a red lip or smokey eyes and a nude lip. And I can't decide how to accessorise.

Suggestions welcome! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭kickthecan

Christmas do, red lippy! Hair up definitely to show off the shoulder on the dress.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,302 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

For a one shoulder dress I would do hair up, no necklace, either statement earrings OR statement bracelet, not both. However if you are going for a red lip, I wouldn't go too mad with the earrings then.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,603 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

Nude lips can just look cold. #winter especially with black which can bleach out your features.

Neutral clothing colours can take some brighter colour on you - a bit of diamanté in the hair or earrings for a high-glamour look.

One-shoulder is very difficult to fit with neck jewellery - your throat IS the beauty on show! (so your lips will be noticeable, another reason to not choose a colourless lipstick)) - maybe a plain good-quality silver chain - and a bright smile!

Advertisement