Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Minecraft story mode - Can't download Episode 2

Options
  • 22-11-2015 10:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I've bought the game for xbox one (disc) which includes the season pass but can't work out how to download episode two without purchasing through Xbox store? Can anyone help please

Comments

Hi and welcome to the world of Telltale releases.

What is probably happening is that they just haven't released the second episode - they're awful for it .. their other previous games had months in between episodes.. it took about a year before they completed the 5 episode Tales from the Borderlands.

Anyway, when the second episode is released, it'll be available for download.

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Plascebo

The second episode is available to purchase from the xbox store, i.e., you have to buy it twice to play it if you purchased the disc version of the game.

Really? That seems to defeat the entire purpose of owning the physical copy, if all episodes have to be downloaded digitally ..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Plascebo wrote: »
    The second episode is available to purchase from the xbox store, i.e., you have to buy it twice to play it if you purchased the disc version of the game.

I've never bought a telltale game physically, but I assume there was a code for the season pass inside the box of the physical disc? you'll have to redeem this code to download the next episode. Its probably on a piece of paper with the manual?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Really? That seems to defeat the entire purpose of owning the physical copy, if all episodes have to be downloaded digitally ..

but if the episodes havent been released yet, how do they get onto the disc? :):p

• Advertisement

but if the episodes havent been released yet, how do they get onto the disc? :):p

That's entirely what I mean. It doesn't make much sense to me personally. You buy a physical copy of a game, then you shouldn't have to download it digitally. It should be one or the other. Say if you were to download each episode digitally as it is released, then do you require the physical disc to be inserted for it to be playable?

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Plascebo

That's entirely what I mean. It doesn't make much sense to me personally. You buy a physical copy of a game, then you shouldn't have to download it digitally. It should be one or the other. Say if you were to download each episode digitally as it is released, then do you require the physical disc to be inserted for it to be playable?

From what I can gather the disc is a season pass. I "think" episode 1 was on it. When you go the to the main menu it says "season pass purchased".
    When you navigate to Episode 2 on the left bar, it says "Episode 2: purchased, but not downloaded".

When you go to download, you are brought to the store where it is priced at roughly €6 and a warning, if you have the disc do NOT download episode 2 as you will be charged.... Very confusing

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

F**king hell Telltale, at least sort out the mechanism for distributing your games properly, what a farce, I had a similar issue with The Wolf Among Us, had to go in and buy it in the game, but not via the PSN store or something like that. F**king mess

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,171 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Seems ridiculous it's available on disk when only one episode is out, always assumed telltale games didn't go to disc until a season is complete. People who aren't famiiar with their games will probably go out and buy this expecting a full game now.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,184 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Seems ridiculous it's available on disk when only one episode is out, always assumed telltale games didn't go to disc until a season is complete. People who aren't famiiar with their games will probably go out and buy this expecting a full game now.

Ridiculous though it may seem, one should never underestimate the appeal of Minecraft. Putting this on store shelves even incomplete is the video game equivalent of 'Good for 1g of heroin' IOUs down the local drug repository.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭Tec Diver

Ridiculous though it may seem, one should never underestimate the appeal of Minecraft. Putting this on store shelves even incomplete is the video game equivalent of 'Good for 1g of heroin' IOUs down the local drug repository.

I bought the xbox 360 disc for the kids and they have been able to download episodes up to 3 so far. Now it says episode 4 is "purchased and available to download". But when we try to download it tries to chargevus about €6! I did check the box and there is a warning that if you bought the disc then you don't need to pay for the other episodes. I'm assuming there was a SNAFU and it will be corrected with an update? If we do have to pay then we won't be going for them...

Advertisement