Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Software to date, organise, deduplicate large photo archives?

Options
  • 22-11-2015 8:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭

Hey there,

I have years and years of photos on a Windows 7 system here.

They've been transferred from SD cards, phones etc then there were backups made on multiple external drives, other internal disks and partitions etc.... That's before the ones backed up to laptops and then later dumped over.... And then copies again months later just in case :(

It's a mess!!!

What I need is software to organise the archive by date and identify and filter out all the duplicates and so on.

Can anyone please recommend anything, free if possible :)

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭goldenhoarde

Mango Joe wrote: »
    Hey there,

I have years and years of photos on a Windows 7 system here.

They've been transferred from SD cards, phones etc then there were backups made on multiple external drives, other internal disks and partitions etc.... That's before the ones backed up to laptops and then later dumped over.... And then copies again months later just in case :(

It's a mess!!!

What I need is software to organise the archive by date and identify and filter out all the duplicates and so on.

Can anyone please recommend anything, free if possible :)

Thanks!

I used a program called photostofolder2 which can be setup to org by year and month or year month day also can put duplicates in a seperate folder one thing is that any photo it cannot pull a date for ended up in a folder for the current year and month worked well for my needs

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,350 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

there are duplicate file finders which can identify files with identical sizes, dates, names, etc., or combinations of those. would probably be useful for a first run at identifying them.

Advertisement