Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Solid oak 18mm thick furniture panels in Dublin

Options
  • 22-11-2015 8:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi, I am trying to find a place in Dublin that will source (and ideally stain and/or varnish) an oak 18 (or 20)mm thick furniture panels. I want it as a top for some cabinets in my playroom (4200mm x 420mm x 18mm, may come in two pieces). I found a place that sells oak sheets (finger joined) but what am I after is a panel that is glued with staves that run the full length of the panel. Sorry I can't attach links, I hope my description makes some sense...Any advice on source and cost much appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Bonzo Delaney

That would have to be joinery shop made any local joinery / stairs manufacture/ high end kitchen maker would do that.
    Any particular reason it has to be tounged the whole length as glued finger jointing would be a lot stronger on 18 mm
    I'll pm a local joinery I use based in north Kildare if you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Maria123

The glued finger jointing looks too much like a kitchen worktop to me. I will search for local joinery shop as per your advice, north Kildare is too long a drive for me. Thank you for your advice!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭One shot on kill

Hey Maria I'm in Kildare. I could come and meet you and give you a price supplied and fitted if you wish.
    I'm a cabinet maker so this is right up my street.

Pm if interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Maria123

Thank you One shot on kill! I won't need it until early 2016. I may PM you after Christmas if I fail to find what I need locally. Regards, M
    Hey Maria I'm in Kildare. I could come and meet you and give you a price supplied and fitted if you wish.
    I'm a cabinet maker so this is right up my street.

Pm if interested.

Advertisement