Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC One keeps restarting - any ideas?

Options
  • 22-11-2015 4:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭

Hey there it's been restarting since Friday evening.

The only recent changes are I installed 3 apps on Friday, Khan Academy, Issonline and Stock Trader.

I uninstalled these 3 on Saturday. I brought it into the shop and they did a soft reset and unfortunately it is still restarting.

I have tried doing a factory reset (backed up recently) but it does the restart routine only a few secs in.

I checked a youtube vid where a guy does a trick with a Samsung that goes into a console but this one loads up the 3 and HTC intros straight away.

Any suggestions are most appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

I hope for your sake I'm wrong but it sounds very like battery failure.
    I experienced similar symptoms on a HTC Sensation a few years ago, and in the end a new battery solved it.
    Not such an easy fix on HTC One. Any of M7, M8 or M9 models are extremely difficult to open up and probably best done by professional repair centre.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Which HTC One is it? M7/8/9?

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭chakotha

Should have mentioned - it is an M7.

I brought it into the shop and as it is within warranty they have sent it off for repair.

Thanks.

Advertisement