Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

10" Tablet recommendations.

Options
  • 22-11-2015 3:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,726 ✭✭✭✭

Hi

I'm looking to buy a tablet as Christmas present.

Any recommendations on a brand or online store that I should be looking at.

I would like something close to 10" and has 2 GB of Ram if possible for in and around €150.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Simi

The Chuwi Vi10? If you can get past the 1366 x 768 resolution, it's a pretty well received dual os tablet. You can read about it here. It's $139 from gearbest's eu warehouse.

If you fancy a 4:3 tablet then I'd recommend the Teclast X98 Air for $189.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,726 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Simi wrote: »
    The Chuwi Vi10? If you can get past the 1366 x 768 resolution, it's a pretty well received dual os tablet. You can read about it here. It's $139 from gearbest's eu warehouse.

If you fancy a 4:3 tablet then I'd recommend the Teclast X98 Air for $189.

Those two devices definitely look the part But wouldn't I be charged an extra €50 or so in customs fees.

Not if you buy them from an EU warehouse. A lot of the bigger Chinese sites now stock some of their big selling items in Europe, so you can buy them without incurring customs. :D

The Teclast X98 AIR II can be found here. It was cheaper on Gearbest, but it's sold out at the moment. The Chuwi can be found in Gearbest's EU warehouse. I'm not allowed post a link to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,211 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Don't buy from Gearbest, it never ends well

Don't buy from Gearbest, it never ends well

I buy from them all the time & it ends fine. I have read the horror stories about their customer service though. Here is alternate to Gearbest for the Chuwi vi10. It's $20 more expensive though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭delph09

how about cube i6 air or cube i10, both of them feature with Windows 10 OS & Android 4.4 dual OS and 2GB RAM.

cube i6 air goes for 147.83€, cube i10 goes for 131.82€, these are the best prices from all stores beside gearbest

Advertisement