Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

7 seater SUV

Options
  • 22-11-2015 1:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭

Hi. Looking for a 7 seater SUV. Only plan on using the extra 2 seats occasionally. Need automatic and diesel. 2010-2013.

Do not want the 7 sisters like Picasso, c max etc.

Quasqui +2 is one model I know of, think the Santa Fe ? May have 7 seats. Anything else along this line? Many thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,266 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Toyota Landcruiser or Audi Q7.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭freddieot

Kia Sorento is a great car, I think the cheaper tax came in 2013

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭abnormalnorman

does anyone know, can you put young kids (aged 6 or 7) in the back row seat of the X Trail , or Qashqai+2 . or are the back row seats just for older kids, that have moved on from the booster ?

Is it the same for all SUV 7 seaters? Kia Sorrento, Hyundai Santa Fe for example?

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭abnormalnorman

does anyone know, can you put young kids (aged 6 or 7) in the back row seat of the X Trail , or Qashqai+2 . or are the back row seats just for older kids, that have moved on from the booster ?

Is it the same for all SUV 7 seaters? Kia Sorrento, Hyundai Santa Fe for example?

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭redlough

Ok first off the cars you are talking about are not SUV's. They are Crossovers to give them the correct name. The market has very few SUV's anymore, an SUV is a vehicle which has the ability to go offroad, believe me a Qashqai would get stuck in a big puddle :-)

Qashqai+2 was based on the popular Qashqai and I had one around that time, solid as a rock apart from the standard Nissan battery which they shipped in them, they all seemed to die but I have seen a number of NIssan with the same issue.

Santa Fei or Sorento would have 7 seater around that time.

Then you are going into MPV like the Peugeot 5008, Citrioen Berlingo etc.

Really the SMAX is one of the best 7 seaters in this class, in terms of space and drive. Plus as a Ford it is easy to repair etc and will go and go and go.

You will get 7 seater X5, Q7, XC90 but issue in that age of car is parts will go and expensive to repair.

The back seats in all of them are for kids from any age, booster etc, but on some of them you will struggle circa 12.

• Advertisement
Advertisement