Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you normally see a design prior to the date?

Options
  • 21-11-2015 11:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭

All my previous tattoos have been directly from an image I brought in, but my next one (booked for beginning of Dec) is going to be an original piece from the artist, based on some motifs I suggested.

He said at our consultation that he'd send me the design prior to the inking date, for my approval/tweaks.

But nothing yet and that was weeks ago.

Whats the norm here? Tbh I don't even know how he intended to send me the design. I guess I assumed he'd text me a pic as he obvs has my mobile as contact number.

What I don't really want is to be presented with an image when I turn up and have to decide whether I actually like it in the spot. It means too much to me.

But this guy is one of the countrys busiest artists, booked up to the eyes, so I don't want to be a dick and demand a look in advance if its not the done thing.

TIA!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

I would say they have set days to do their drawings up, a few weeks in advance would be a bit much if their that busy, normally a day or two before your due to go in they'll send it on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

I've never seen it before the day, and never in any format I could walk away with.

Generally its done in a consultation before the tattoo and any changes you want are applied then.

With Remis he has a dark room there in his place and has photoshop and the rest going while he's talking to you, I was there ages going through it before we were anywhere near taking needles out, which is probably normal for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Do no harm to give them a call, or to drop in and ask about it. Chances are if they're busy, they won't get to work on it till a couple of days before-hand. Talking to them to ask would clear it all up though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

nope, land in on the day and its there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭trio

They actually ended up getting in touch emailing it to me last week for approval!

Very unexpected after reading the responses on here so am really impressed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

trio wrote: »
    They actually ended up getting in touch emailing it to me last week for approval!

Very unexpected after reading the responses on here so am really impressed.

Nice one, who/what shop is that?

Advertisement