Advertisement
Have your say on the future of the 'Save Draft' feature in this poll
MODs please see this information notice in the mod's forum. Thanks!
How to add spoiler tags, edit posts, add images etc. How to - a user's guide to the new version of Boards

Tesco Clearwater

• 21-11-2015 6:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51,343 ✭✭✭✭ That_Guy

Does anybody know if Tesco in Clearwater, Finglas still sell homebrew equipment/accessories?

Was planning to make a trip down to grab a pack of carbonation drops and a few other bits to bottle some beer tomorrow but just wanted to make sure they still sell homebrew gear.

Cheers in advance.

Comments

• yep, as of last Sunday they did anyway

• hooplah wrote: »
    yep, as of last Sunday they did anyway

Brilliant. Thanks pal.

• Do they do LME ?

• MadsL wrote: »

I was thinking of using sugar but I really don't have the time to measure it all out unfortunately.

For future reference, does normal granulated sugar work ok?

• Advertisement

• About half a teaspoon of ordinary sugar in a half-litre bottle should do fine if you're not being fussy. The yeast doesn't care.

• caster sugar will dissolve quicker than table sugar, not sure how much this matters though.

• That_Guy wrote: »
    I was thinking of using sugar but I really don't have the time to measure it all out unfortunately.

For future reference, does normal granulated sugar work ok?

Are you using a bottling bucket? Throw it in before you rack the beer...

• The selection in Clearwater is shocking, but there is a proper homebrew shop about a 2 minute drive away from it.

The Mottley Brew

• loyatemu wrote: »
    caster sugar will dissolve quicker than table sugar, not sure how much this matters though.

In tesco caster sugar is also the cheapest, 1.09 per kilo for standard branded stuff, while the cheapest granulated is the value range for 1.19.

I read people saying this is to price match lidl & aldi. I see most people blindly going for the big pallet of value sugar, presuming it is cheapest. Also in other threads I found that some thought caster sugar was a different thing altogether.

• Advertisement

• In big smoke at weekend any point going to tesco clear water. For misc brew stuff. Will be going to mottly brew too by the way

• In big smoke at weekend any point going to tesco clear water. For misc brew stuff. Will be going to mottly brew too by the way

No!

Advertisement