Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

info on shop

Options
  • 21-11-2015 6:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

Hi

Looking for some info about a E-commerce shop!!! Below is a little about what i am trying to do.

I am trying to do drop shipping for almost 2000 products, i no a little bit about websites as i am doing a module on them in college.My questions are:
    The drop shipping company have a stock sheet file in CSV and Excel format and also a file for all pictures.
    I am just wondering is there someway i can make my shop and have all the products and pictures loaded up automatically

Also is there any site out there that might have this kind of information on it?

Many Thanks
    Wayne

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,005 ✭✭✭Talisman

Have you looked at Shopify?

Shopify Guide: The Ultimate Guide to Dropshipping

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 311 ✭✭Silverbling

Hi

Looking for some info about a E-commerce shop!!! Below is a little about what i am trying to do.

I am trying to do drop shipping for almost 2000 products, i no a little bit about websites as i am doing a module on them in college.My questions are:
    The drop shipping company have a stock sheet file in CSV and Excel format and also a file for all pictures.
    I am just wondering is there someway i can make my shop and have all the products and pictures loaded up automatically

Also is there any site out there that might have this kind of information on it?

Many Thanks
    Wayne

Hi, I have a massive ecommerce shop, over 2400 products

Nearly all CMS will let you upload the CSV for text but not images, by the time you have spent hours trying different methods it is easier to just load them yourself, check that the software automatically shrinks the images for you, that will save you a lot of time and load speed

I use hosting ireland ecommerce shop, it is very powerful and has all of the features that I need.

For 2000 products you need to research exactly what you need, my products are visual so for me the images are very important, built in alt text saves me so much time too when it is range change time.

It really depends on the product you are selling and what you need at the cart.

Do your research before you start, I moved my magento and prestashop sites into 1 big sitebuilder, (even I was snobby about moving) it is the best move I ever made, customers love it and sales are increasing all the time.

Allow A LOT of time maintaining such a big shop plus the social media to drive sales, you can't rely on organic traffic alone and need to keep up with the 404 broken links in webmaster tools if you change the range regularly.

Advertisement