Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to use up unused PAYG Sim Card Credit through Google Play

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭editorsean

This is indeed very useful on the Three network, especially after I recently learned that top-up vouchers stuck "In Queue" for 180 days expire, since chargeable calls & texts only touch the actual top-up in use and it's only this one where the 180-day timer is reset. As I make very few calls and texts (I've no signal at home and mainly use WhatsApp & VoIP at work or out & about), I once thought I could let the top-ups accumulate to give me plenty for roaming, then I noticed credit was disappearing for no apparent reason. :eek:

If you don't plan buying anything on Google Play (or have an iPhone or Windows phone), another tip would be to buy 500MB add-ons (€5 each) until a previous top-up makes it out of the queue, then use this data (down to about 100MB left as a safety margin) before doing the next €20 top-up for AYCE data.

Advertisement