Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation 4 won't turn on. Power button unresponsive. Repair?

Options
  • 21-11-2015 1:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭

My two year old PS4 has been giving me a bit of trouble. Last month when I went to play, the console wouldn't turn on from the controller so I went to turn it on manually but the button does not respond at all. No beeps, no lights. However when I press the eject button, it beeps but does not eject the game inside or turn the console on, again no lights. Any suggestions as to what the problem might be would be hugely appreciated. Sony were of little help unfortunately, they were quoting 250 euros for repair even though they couldn't tell me what the problem was.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Isco

sugarman wrote: »
    Bring it back to the shop you bought it in, under EU law youre covered for 6yrs. If they act up, small claims court.

I bought it off Amazon.co.uk back in December 2013. Would this still apply? Thanks for the reply!

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Isco

sugarman wrote: »
    Amazon are decent enough to deal with, email their customer care and take it from there.

Took your advice, and they are giving me a full refund, which I will use to buy another one. Cheers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Isco wrote: »
    Took your advice, and they are giving me a full refund, which I will use to buy another one. Cheers!

Amazon's customer care is gold standard :)

Advertisement