Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

LEAF website price VS Dealer price

Options
  • 20-11-2015 9:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭

Was going to bite the bullet last year and v nearly did so on a new leaf but decided against at the last minute.

Now thinking about it again seriously. I took the car for a test drive and it was beyond my expectations. The silence and torque were amazing. My commute is easily within the range.

So crunching numbers...

The SV on the website is listed at €23,990 before adding options etc. In the dealer garage it's €25,550.

Just wanted to know what the actual cost is! From some of the previous threads around here I know that the price varies between dealers. Any advice appreciated. I'll be buying on PCP, availing of the scrappage and bringing the deposit up to 30%.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭peposhi

Was going to bite the bullet last year and v nearly did so on a new leaf but decided against at the last minute.

Now thinking about it again seriously. I took the car for a test drive and it was beyond my expectations. The silence and torque were amazing. My commute is easily within the range.

So crunching numbers...

The SV on the website is listed at €23,990 before adding options etc. In the dealer garage it's €25,550.

Just wanted to know what the actual cost is! From some of the previous threads around here I know that the price varies between dealers. Any advice appreciated. I'll be buying on PCP, availing of the scrappage and bringing the deposit up to 30%.

The difference is because on the website it's not included delivery charge and metallic paint. Dealer vary in that respect and the price do come down if you negotiate. I got €150 discount on the paint + car mats, boot liner (plastic/rubbery, brilliant addition) & mud flaps FOC. I could have gotten wind deflectors to if I had brought it up on time... so, the main thing - shop around and try the dealer for free bees. Where about are you based?

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭KrustyBurger

Thanks for the reply. I'm based in Dublin but I'll go wherever I can get the best deal! The metallic paint was extra, the €25,550 was the base price for the SV.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭peposhi

Thanks for the reply. I'm based in Dublin but I'll go wherever I can get the best deal! The metallic paint was extra, the €25,550 was the base price for the SV.

I found Nissan Deansgrange quite helpful. The EV dealer was very open and informative. I personally picked Nissan Barlo Kilkenny, mainly because of the service I got from Paul Flynn. Certainly shop around and do not be shy to ask for discounts and freebies. The main thing is you want to buy, they want to sell... You're gonna meet at point that satisfies both parties...

I'll ring around for sure. But 2k is some difference in price. I know that Nissan charge (pun intended) about 1k for delivery right? If anyone here bought a leaf new I'd welcome price guides, negotiating tips etc.

Margins are very tight on the leaf, if anyone gets a great deal on a new one I'll be amazed.

Though 1 k off the 30 kWh is pretty good available until end of December I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Rafal

Another vote for Paul Flynn from Barlo Kilkenny. I live in Bray, but it was well worth a drive there not only to get a good deal, but also excellent service, Paul seems a very helpful and a nice guy.

Now awaiting Jan delivery of the 30kWh Leaf.

Yeah Paul is Excellent, definitely keen on selling the Leaf !

I hope they give me a good deal off Leaf II, make sure and say i sent ye ! :D

Thanks for all the relies folks, I'll definitely give Paul a shout, nice excuse to see Kilkenny again.

Advertisement