Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas drinks

Options
  • 20-11-2015 12:22pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,622 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Just a thought, if you're at a loose end.

I have a feeling we're a pretty disparate group of boardsies but wanted to the mention the IGRS Christmas drinks on Monday 7th December in Café en Seine on Dawson St in Dublin from about 6pm. I'll be there wearing my IGRS hat, and the evening is open to anyone. It's just general genealogy chat and drinks but it would be lovely to meet up in real life.

Genealogy Forum Mod

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,314 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

You know, I was going to suggest that we have a meet up for the festive season as it would be nice to put faces to names so this might be an opportunity to do just that.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Thomas from Presence

I'll be there for sure folks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

Don't drink. Won't be there. But I will have a cup of tea at home, and think of you all. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭shanew

I'll have a go at dropping in - depends on time I finish work etc

Do we still have a date folks?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭nikonuser

Sorry to miss it as I am away. Hope all goes well. Best wishes for the Holiday Season to all on here, particulary anyone who has given me a bit of a leg up during my 'dead ancestor' journey. Cheers, J

I'm leaving Dún Laoghaire now, aiming for Dawson street..

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,622 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Was a fun evening!

Genealogy Forum Mod

Sorry this has completely passed me by.:(

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭KildareFan

Are yiz home already?

• Advertisement

I am. Shane might still be there.
    It is a Monday after all.

Genealogy Forum Mod

Worked late. Panic phonecall about unruly 1 year old. Me out! :P

I do like the idea of some sort of real life meet. It's a solitary path doing this and I've learned to be creative by reading strategies here. Group think in real life can only be a benefit.

Well if anyone is interested in a daytime meet up, even after Christmas, I'd be glad to join ye for a chat.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭nikonuser

Sounds like a great idea for the New Year. J

And did Shane get home all right? Hope so. He's handy round here.

alive and well and back into town again this morning bright and early for a meeting. Mostly people I'd never met in real life before - if I remember half their names I'll be doing well!

We can definitely plan a daytime meeting. The National Library has a lovely coffee shop...

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭VicWynne

It was a lovely evening - I only got home last night... but that's a different story...
    I'm not sure I can meet up during the day, but I reckon it's a good idea... Something to look forward to in the new year :)

Would like to meet up with likeminded familytreerooters - most of my family & friends let their eyes glaze over whenever I start talking about genealogy. Hopefully we can identify a date/time/venue in Jan/Feb.

KildareFan wrote: »
    ...most of my family & friends let their eyes glaze over whenever I start talking about genealogy...

I'm quite familiar with the glazed eyes!:p

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭pedroeibar1

pinkypinky wrote: »
    We can definitely plan a daytime meeting. The National Library has a lovely coffee shop...
    Agreed, good coffee, central venue, but very noisy and crowded generally. However I'm not sure that they would appreciate the gathering of this rowdy bunch and there could never be any dancing on tabletops!

I didn't know genealogists were known for their dancing!

might sound weird but there's a nice cafe in Mount Jerome Cemetery - lots of parking, dead quiet....

:D

Advertisement