Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kahlua - cheaper alternative?

Options
  • 20-11-2015 11:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Does anyone know if any shops, like Tesco / Aldi / Lidl to a viable alternative to Kahlua? Cash is a bit short now to be paying for the good stuff!

Cheers!

Mods: I did find an existing thread on the exact same subject but the last post is from June 2013 so I didn't resurrect it

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,059 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Botb lidl and Aldi have coffee liqueurs in from time to time but not permanently.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

L1011 wrote: »
    Botb lidl and Aldi have coffee liqueurs in from time to time but not permanently.

Sounds promising. Are they any good? As an alternative? I never drink the stuff, I just have to buy it for a party, so I don't know and definitely don't want to f**k up!

I've never actually had them - last time I saw them in stock I had an 80% full bottle of Kahlua already so did't buy it. Lidl's other liqueurs - limoncello, creme de cassis, etc - are fine though and I suspect its one German liqueurs company making them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

Mesrine65 wrote: »

Is Tia Maria the same as Kahlua? God, I didn't realize how bad I am - if it's not beer or gin I really know nothing! Tesco have Kahlua on special for €20 at the moment if all else fails.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭quaalude

cosmic wrote: »
    Is Tia Maria the same as Kahlua? God, I didn't realize how bad I am - if it's not beer or gin I really know nothing! Tesco have Kahlua on special for €20 at the moment if all else fails.

Oh €20 is great - I paid €26.50 for a bottle last week.

I make a kind of quick and dirty Irish coffee with it - an espresso with a shot of Kahlua in it, finishes a meal nicely.

Lidls is in stock currently but in a gift pack with glasses so likely dearer per volume than offers elsewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭ianthefox

I actually got a bottle of Tia Maria for €18 in Tesco Drumcondra yesterday!

Advertisement